Stall Fix released!!!

crimecrusher

Established Member
Got my reflash done and no longer have the morning surging and now have a smooth ide. However, I lost about a pound of boost.

My car would hit well into the thick 10 bar but it now barely touches it. Could be the warmer day we had today.

03reptile

Established Member
03COBVERTIBLE; I take my car to Century Ford in Mt. Airy. I bought it through their sister dealership in Chesapeake, Va. Cavalier Ford. Mt. Airy isn't an SVT dealership but has some top notch techs there and one that is SVT trained. Its' a small enough dealership to give you that personal touch that big dealers lack. They have a good, friendly staff and are always anxious to please. I'm a long time customer and am always treated well. It took them about twenty minutes to do the re-flash and I was gone. They take appointments and if you want to wait, let them know & they should be able to accomadate you. Its' a good, trustworthy dealership from the top down. They are very reasonable about mods and my exhaust and K&N aircharge made no difference. Chris Mullen is the S.M. and is top drawer. Tell them the white Cobra sent you and they'll know who it is !!! Good luck!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by crimecrusher
Got my reflash done and no longer have the morning surging and now have a smooth ide. However, I lost about a pound of boost.

My car would hit well into the thick 10 bar but it now barely touches it. Could be the warmer day we had today.

Keep us posted. Sounds like they may have pulled the timing to get things running right.

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
Originally posted by 03BlownSnake

All you guys that have the stalling issue, take the damn car in the dealership and just say it stalls on decel at times. The dealer WILL reflash it, if they dont, the tech working on it is a DUMBA$$.

Regarding the reflash messing up your chip, predator, etc... IT WILL override your chip programming and you WILL have to get your chip reprogrammed again.

My car hasn't stalled on deceleration. I have ECM code YDH1. Would you recommend that I get the reflash?

Also, this may be a little off topic, but could a chip or custom tune be installed and then removed (if necessary for a warranty repair) to return the car to stock? Or can the dealership easily tell that the car was previously "chipped" and, if so, would that typically void the warranty?

TORCH RED COBRA

If you had a Chip plugged in the Maintainance Port - YES the dealer can tell from the scratches it makes on the contact surface of the main EEC board. BUT if you had the EEC reflashed with a custom tune and you saved the original FORD tune in something like the Predator, then you can reload the FORD tune before going to the dealer. After you get back, you can reflash the EEC with your custom tune from something like the Predator and the dealer cannot "physically" tell you are swapping software in the EEC.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
I really doubt they played with the timing. Must of been just due to the hotter weather. Im pretty sure they just stabalized the IAC control from the PCM so it wont drop as fast as it did sometimes when the stalling occured.

03Cobvertible

Established Member
SVT Call

Just called SVT with a few questions on this. Here's what they said:

There's only one entry in the wds system for the 03 cobra, and it includes the fix (SM 17542). When the dealership logs into the wds they should see just the one for the 2003 cobra, and that's what we want.

On the issue of having to reproduce the problem, the SVT guy said they should not have to reporoduce the problem.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I've been driving on my reflashed Cobra for about 2 weeks now. Idle will not drop below 750. At start up it idles higher than it ever did, but it's not that high. It's actually like most other cars. Before, my Cobra would start up and settle on 750 immediately. It runs way better now. I've got enough confidence in it now that I'll drive around w/ my family in the car again. It's the way it should've been from the factory!

zero

Established Member
That's good to hear.
I'm going to get mine done today. Looking forward to stall-free driving!

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
Just got mine today. I said I wanted reflashed under this SM and I showed the printout to them. Then they told me "This is not the way we do things around here. We have to reproduce the problem." So I told them that if they think I'm going to let someone else drive my car to 70 mph and stall it at that speed, they must be crazy. I demanded them to go download the reflash and do it, or I'm talking to the manager, and then SVT. I don't care what I have to do, but I'm not leaving without my reflash. So, they did and reprogrammed it. There is "test drive" written on my sheet, which makes me think they did not follow my request about me getting in the car with them while they drive, and it's pissing me off. At least it says they did the reflash to that SM. It feels like they did it. It doesn't stall anymore, but it was not stalling all the time before either. Idles a little better, too. We'll have to see. I'll keep you all posted.

DSG03Snake

Established Member
My dealer gave me no trouble about it. I got the flash, seems to run much smoother @ low rpm, no stalls (or even close), and my gas mileage seems to have increased a tad, not sure if thats an effect of the weather warming or the reflash tho,

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Not sure if this was asked already, (and didnt take the time to read the entire thread) but has anyone done dyno numbers before and after the flash? My car has NEVER stalled, and if it takes away hp, Im going to leave it alone...

Vaelin

Established Member
You know, on a side note, the gas mileage thing that DSG03snake mentioned... I noticed that too.

My last tank was 275 miles.. and normally before that I usually got 225 or so.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Gonna have this done next Friday. I don't hav a real bad stall problem, it stalled twice last fall when the weather changed, but has been fine since then. If gas mileage improves that would be a nice added bonus!

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by TORCHREDCOBRA
Does anyone know if the HEX CODE changed for their EEC - for those that had it reflashed. (Example - YDH1, etc.)

mine is now 3UTA-12A650-HHA

a94cobra

Established Member
Well, you know the 04 models get 24mpg vs. the 22mpg the 03 received. So if they upgraded us to the 04 version we should see some better mileage.

But that brings up the point of $1000 that I paid for gas tax on the 03...

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by loose nut
mine is now 3UTA-12A650-HHA

Hate to bring back an Old thread but what is the Hex number referenced above for? I had the flash done yesterday and that number is on the sticker under my hood.

Thanks,

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
I can't stand the low loping idle and sounds to me like this flash fixes this issue. :shrug:

that is all i told Drew Ford in La Mesa,Ca and they flashed my car by appointment in an hour. My car never left my site.(oh. did it on a saturday AM too)

Users who are viewing this thread