Stalling issue!!!! Please HELP.

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
I have an 03 SVT COBRA and my car stalls occasionally when it's not warmed up all the way it seems. It seems to stall when I am coming to a coplete stop but every once and a while it'll stall when I'm switching gears on a start. Keep in mind this is during normal driving and not when I'm launching or anything. Does anyone know what this is or did anyone ever hav a stalling issue???? Please help me huys. I want this problem corrected asap and I have no clue what it could be. When the car is warmed up it seems to be fine, so is it just cause the engine is cold? or is it something else? Please help and Thanks in advance guys.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
sounds like your pony came up lame. best put it out of its misery with a well placed shot through the hood. sorry for your loss.

winker2112

Established Member
I have almost the exact same issue. Only seems to happen when coming to a stop and when the car is not at 100% operating temp. When searching around, I've found a few people with the same problem. Everyone that got it to stop had a different remedy. When I get my aeroforce gauge in the mail I'm gonna start to trouble shoot it.

Oh, and when it stalls and I go to restart it, it cranks for a lil bit before it starts back up. I'm assuming that's because my car doesn't seem to hold any fuel pressure when off. I noticed that the other day when I hooked a gauge to the rail. Drops straight to zero when the key turns off. Not sure if it's normal or maybe even related.

Just got the car a week ago, so learning all about it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
sounds like your pony came up lame. best put it out of its misery with a well placed shot through the hood. sorry for your loss.

:shrug: I just don't understand comments like this. The guy asks for some help with a real problem and he gets a wise crack. :dw:

OP, is your Cobra stock? Stock tune? If so, have the dealer re-flash your ECU. There was an issue with many '03-'04 Cobras stalling because of a tune issue. There was a TSB about this. Here is a link with some additional info. .. Terminator FAQs

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
:shrug: I just don't understand comments like this. The guy asks for some help with a real problem and he gets a wise crack. :dw:

surely i'm not the only one that realizes this isn't the terminator forum.

threads posted in the wrong forum will net you a "wise crack" response. that's my policy.

Totally uncalled for. If you dont have anything constructive to contribute, turn your computer off:nonono:

sir, if you read above, you will see that it was very much called for. i just tend to get a bit more creative than the standard "wrong forum" response.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Then be constructive and suggest that he should post it in the Terminator forum. You know, like maybe actually being helpful. Then again, posting wisecracks seems to be your policy". :nonono:

03sLeEpeRSnaKe

Established Member
Yes my car is stock other than a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, and yes it starts right back up without any issues. I really don't understand why it does it but like I said before it only happens when the car is not 100% warmed up, I know youre gonna tell me to wait for it to be warmed up, but sometimes if I'm running late I just can't. so please anyone else have anymore advice? Thanks a lot for those who already posted somethin except for the douche bag with the Shitty dodge ram.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, if your ECU has not been re-flashed it needs to be. Like I said, there was a TSB on this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread