Stalling?

david3707

Established Member
Hi, i just bought a 03 cobra with 50k has long tubes 2.50 catless x-pipe with mac cat back a 2.67 s/c pulley and a steeda cold air intake, running about 13psi. but sometimes almost a random it will stall when coming to a stop. i also have noticed that it idles at about 1,000 rpm even when its warm. My only thought is that it might not have a tune but the car runs strong no back firing or surging. i also found tonight an old IAC valve in the glove box. so maybe the owner thought that was the problem. I'm new to 03-04 cobras so please let me know what you everything thinks.
Thanks, Dave

Last edited:

Montanasvt

Established Member
could be a fuel problem... fuel filter maybe..?... the car did not come with a tuner with all those mods?

Jroc

Established Member
Check to see if its got all the latest update to cure the stall from Ford written in its tune. Hell since its new to you it would also be a good time to check to see if its got a good tune on it.

Some cars like mine are just stubburn stallers though and you have to just keep trying new things to cure it. They are much worse about stalling in cool/cold weather than they are in warmer weather. I raise my idle a little in the cold months, and drop it back down in the warmer months to get mine to stop for the most part.

I done the tune thing, made sure the car would stay idling with the IAC unplugged, cleaned the IAC, replaced the IAC, checked the TPS, checked for vacuum leaks, adjusted the MAF sensor, etc. Again raising the idle alittle is what works best for me to keep the RPM's from dropping off so fast. Check your tune first though.

The stall sucks balls especially when making left turns infront of oncoming traffic..

divided

Established Member
Yep alot of cars had it. Mine did. Sometimes it happened twice a day, othertimes it didn't happen for months.

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
Yep alot of cars had it. Mine did. Sometimes it happened twice a day, othertimes it didn't happen for months.

Hahaha...yep! It's 100% in the tune up. Still fighting it in my car to this day. It is such a detailed thing that it can't accurately be nailed down in an emailed tune. You need someone like Eric Brooks, Justin Starkey or Kevin Hand riding shotgun to really get it ironed out, imo anyway. Chassis dynos usually just tune for WOT operation, full throttle tip in, etc. You can't really duplicate normal driving conditions like this on a chassis dyno nor do tuners want to take that kinda time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread