Stand up guys @ Barton:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Backstory: I bought a used Barton shifter and bracket that was reworked for the 13. Once installed it never was easy to get it in Reverse.

This past weekend the tab broke off and trying to find 1st and not reverse was almost impossible. Called the guys at Barton and had a little troubleshooting conversation. Little did I know i have a 11/12 transmission. (I am a class A dummy)

These guys no questions asked sent me out a new shifter overnight with a lighter spring so my fiance wouldn't have trouble driving the car. Put the new shifter on and it works flawlessly.

tagyje8e.jpg

If you are on the fence on what shifter to buy the choice is clear IMO. A company that stands by its shifter even when I didn't buy straight from them is astounding. Especially when it was my own dumbass fault. Thanks again to Joe and the guys.

scott_0

Established Member
yeah not surprised at all, Barton is a great company, Dave is a real good guy

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah they're good people over there. I bought the shift knob extender and it for whatever reason stripped the threads. No issue at all, Dave sent me a new handle (where it threads on) and new shifter extender. Good guy!

mantis118

Established Member
Guess I cought them on a bad day with my shifter. They pretty much told me to fk off when I told them I was having issues.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Guess I cought them on a bad day with my shifter. They pretty much told me to fk off when I told them I was having issues.

I find this a little hard to believe. Someone like the Barton guys have everything to lose if they said this. Perhaps you came at them wrong..

What was your problem(s) with the shifter?

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Along with the bracket, I've been very happy with mine. I was able to test their shifter out at Mustang Week a couple years ago in Barton's display car. Super stoked I was able to try it out. Glad I bought one.

scott_0

Established Member
Dave went out of his way to help out last year, Barton was the first shifter I went with when I bought my car, well I felt the shifter was a bit loud (turned out my noise was actually from the shift knob) so I ended up selling the shifter, Dave saw one of my post on another forum mentioning me selling the shifter, only to discover I had the same noise with the stock shifter because I used the same shift knob, Dave sent me a PM and gave me a deep discount on another shifter and their new 2 post bracket, imo he didn't have to do that.........

Users who are viewing this thread