Stang Advice

CGGT01

Established Member
So I have come to the conclusion that I want something new...

Currently I have a 96 Mystic. However, I kinda want a new stang. What are the opinions of everyone on swapping out to a new edge GT/Cobra or a 94/95 5.0. I have a limited budget so that knocks the terminator out of my budget...

The Mystic is great, but i'm worried that it may start to nickel and dime me to death as it has approximately 125k miles on it. Furthermore, I am not sure I should add any mods due to it being #48 of the 2k made.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
i would honestly say keep it and build it. i wouldnt worry about keeping it 100% original with those miles. if it had like 10k miles then i'd have a different opinion. i love my 5.0 cobra but to me there is nothing very special about the motor because its just a regular 5.0 with some gt40 stuff on it. so i am going to build it the way i want.

crazycarlo

Established Member
its totally dependent on your budget and what u want it for. If u want something that will stay stock or bolt on id say go new edge gt or cobra. If u wanna modify it a bit for power go 5.0. Although if ur car is paid off id just keep it and make it nice. I mean honestly the new edge cobra or GT isnt really anything diff then yours unless u get one with ultra low miles.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Keep it unless you want an all out drag car. Save up about $2000 and buy a used blower.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The guy is concerned about increasing maintenance costs and you're recommending he buy a blower? :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread