Started preparing for next season

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well seeing as I can't think about anything else except my Shelby and getting back to the track I decided that it was time to start putting my plans in motion & ordering parts to be ready for the spring.Today I ordered a 6pt bolt-in Roll-Bar from autopower which I will slightly modify to make NHRA legal.I had one of there's in my 03 Cobra vert & was happy with the fit & finish.I am pretty sure that I will be using BMR trailing arms & third link and will order some Custom Bogarts which I have been told will be available for the front alowing me to keep the stock Brembo's yet run a skinny tire which will help in weight reduction and rolling resistence.I will also order a CAI & Custom tune & then last but not least a 2.60 pulley & Idler.I figure that if I get a new part once every couple of weeks that might just keep me sane till spring.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
Well seeing as I can't think about anything else except my Shelby and getting back to the track I decided that it was time to start putting my plans in motion & ordering parts to be ready for the spring.Today I ordered a 6pt bolt-in Roll-Bar from autopower which I will slightly modify to make NHRA legal.I had one of there's in my 03 Cobra vert & was happy with the fit & finish.I am pretty sure that I will be using BMR trailing arms & third link and will order some Custom Bogarts which I have been told will be available for the front alowing me to keep the stock Brembo's yet run a skinny tire which will help in weight reduction and rolling resistence.I will also order a CAI & Custom tune & then last but not least a 2.60 pulley & Idler.I figure that if I get a new part once every couple of weeks that might just keep me sane till spring.

Your plan makes more sense than mine! I'm ordering parts and waiting on a car! LOL

Tim:beer:

MD03SVT

Established Member
The Bogarts will be 15 x 8 or 9 for the rear and they are suppose to have a 17 for the front I am waiting on confirmation & width but I imagine it will be 4 or 5'' wide.

You might be better off ordering parts & waiting for the car cuz since you havn't driven one yet so you don't know what you are missing and knowing that you have one coming has to be a wonderful feeling.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
The Bogarts will be 15 x 8 or 9 for the rear and they are suppose to have a 17 for the front I am waiting on confirmation & width but I imagine it will be 4 or 5'' wide.

You might be better off ordering parts & waiting for the car cuz since you havn't driven one yet so you don't know what you are missing and knowing that you have one coming has to be a wonderful feeling.

I've driven 3 GT 500's and I do know what I'm missing. That's why the wait is killing me. LOL

Tim

MD03SVT

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I've driven 3 GT 500's and I do know what I'm missing. That's why the wait is killing me. LOL

Tim

Oh now I really feel sorry for you cuz I must open the door to my garage 10 times a day just to take a look at mine and it makes me smile everytime.At least you know it will be worth the wait.

chuckstang

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:

Tim

So you def. decided on the gt500 over the 08 vette??????

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
MD03SVT said:

I know it is a stretch but I think your next mod ought to be moving down here to the south where we drive our cars year round...we don't have problems with that icky stuff called snow.

Of coarse if it does snow a bit here in B-ham everyone freaks out and forgets how to drive but that only happens once every 5 years that we get that much snow.

MD03SVT

Established Member
As much as I love to race I also really enjoy skiing so once winter settles in I will be a happy camper.Anyway with all the global warming in a few years you guy's will have the snow & cold then we will have year-round summer.:rolling:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MD03SVT said:
Anyway with all the global warming in a few years you guy's will have the snow & cold then we will have year-round summer.:rolling:

Global Warming my Butt!! :fart: We've been 20+ degrees below normal for a week!! :cuss: :bash: :cryying:

I don't hear any Tree Huggers bitching about Global Warming when that happens!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread