stay strong Boston.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
These two "terrorists" were terrible people and deserve what they have/had coming to them. They have inflicted so much pain on so many people.

That being said, I'm a little put off by the public and media reaction. I don't like all this "Boston strong" and "stay strong Boston" stuff. Yes, it happened in your city and yes it was tragic, but odds are it didn't change your everyday life. And the media...today I read an article on CNN about Boston "slowly getting back to normal." On Friday the Boston Police Chief called it a "victory" when they caught suspect #2.

There is no victory here, period. And there is no "getting back to normal" for the families of the dead and those who were maimed and lost limbs. LIVES WERE DESTROYED FOREVER and no amount of community, publicity, or banding together as a city will bring back loved ones or heal the pain. I'm tired of seeing facebook posts about "praying for Boston", I'm tired of seeing ESPN showing the Sox fans singing "Sweet Caroline", etc. None of that is going to bring back that 8 year old little boy. None of that is going to bring back mommy, etc. To me all of this just doesn't feel right. If my son or loved one had died, singing at a baseball game wouldn't heal shit. I think it shows just how superficial most of the "pain" is related to this tragedy. Most people aren't affect...don't shove "feel good" stories in my face. It just makes me sicker for those who truly suffered.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
This was a test run to see if citizens would stay home like sheep. Let that happen down ssouth people would not be missing work and afraid to smoke a cig outside. What a bunch of cowards in Boston including the coach. The media doesn't hardly even mention the tragedy in Texas, probably because the town will bond together lean on God and each other and pull through.

Lets meet half way so I can bash your head in. What are you some kind of ****ing asshole? This shit wouldn't happen down south, because honestly (outside of college football) whats down there worth ****ing up?

19935.slow

Established Member
These two "terrorists" were terrible people and deserve what they have/had coming to them. They have inflicted so much pain on so many people.

That being said, I'm a little put off by the public and media reaction. I don't like all this "Boston strong" and "stay strong Boston" stuff. Yes, it happened in your city and yes it was tragic, but odds are it didn't change your everyday life. And the media...today I read an article on CNN about Boston "slowly getting back to normal." On Friday the Boston Police Chief called it a "victory" when they caught suspect #2.

There is no victory here, period. And there is no "getting back to normal" for the families of the dead and those who were maimed and lost limbs. LIVES WERE DESTROYED FOREVER and no amount of community, publicity, or banding together as a city will bring back loved ones or heal the pain. I'm tired of seeing facebook posts about "praying for Boston", I'm tired of seeing ESPN showing the Sox fans singing "Sweet Caroline", etc. None of that is going to bring back that 8 year old little boy. None of that is going to bring back mommy, etc. To me all of this just doesn't feel right. If my son or loved one had died, singing at a baseball game wouldn't heal shit. I think it shows just how superficial most of the "pain" is related to this tragedy. Most people aren't affect...don't shove "feel good" stories in my face. It just makes me sicker for those who truly suffered.

So it would be better to pretend it didn't happen and move on?

You're effed in the head pal :beer:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
:nonono:

thank you for displaying the ignorance that still exists in this country...the REASON people were asked to stay home IF they could, was so the police could do their jobs...do you live in boston? no...do you know how busy it can get in boston? no...let's see you search for one guy while thousands are out walking, mostly kids since it is school vacation...and the media did mention what happened in texas, they even had a moment of silence for them at the Sox

He doesn't get it, he is just some conspiracy-theorist asshole that didn't get proper education to understand the reasoning why places were placed on lockdown. I'm sure he thought something along the lines of "damn ya'll these boys up north are doing it wrong, I would go out with mah trusty red ryder, grab ol' yella and go huntin". When infact there was somebody running around with a gun and explosives willing to kill anybody. The fact is the people of Boston did things the right way-hence the result and resolution of the case.

perry2k12

Established Member
As for comparing the sad events in Texas which were an INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT vs. an Act of TERRORISM= to the OKC Bombing....Terrorist Acts trump Accidents.

This is sort of aggravating. I don't understand why you think your states tragedy "trumps" anothers... Is your tragedy more important and deserve more attention?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
So it would be better to pretend it didn't happen and move on?

You're effed in the head pal :beer:

Not at all. I just feel that all the superficial tributes and the media coverage of this tragedy are "slanted" the wrong way and to some degree trivialize the suffering of those people who it has totally destroyed.

By all means mourn. By all means grieve. I just don't see why we have to make a spectacle of the tragedy and ourselves by "grieving and mourning" in ways that trivialize what happened.

If you want to show support for those who were truly affected by this tragedy, pray for them, anonomously donate to the charity that has been set up, etc. What I'm saying is there are ways to recognize this tragedy and its victims without trivializing it. Unfortunately, in our society, its better to take advantage of the spotlight for the wrong reasons and bring attention to ourselves and our feelings...like that really matters.

Just my thoughts.

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
Not at all. I just feel that all the superficial tributes and the media coverage of this tragedy are "slanted" the wrong way and to some degree trivialize the suffering of those people who it has totally destroyed.

By all means mourn. By all means grieve. I just don't see why we have to make a spectacle of the tragedy and ourselves by "grieving and mourning" in ways that trivialize what happened.

If you want to show support for those who were truly affected by this tragedy, pray for them, anonomously donate to the charity that has been set up, etc. What I'm saying is there are ways to recognize this tragedy and its victims without trivializing it. Unfortunately, in our society, its better to take advantage of the spotlight for the wrong reasons and bring attention to ourselves and our feelings...like that really matters.

Just my thoughts.

just wanna say first that my reply is not to bash you in any way...

i think you're just looking too deep into the situation, and then you're saying what we're actually doing...the city of Boston hasn't had something like this happen, i don't think anybody would have ever thought a bombing would ever happen during the marathon...but anytime anything tragic has ever happened in this city, we have always showed our support the exact same way...the whole "#bostonstrong and #staystrong" isn't the media doing it, it's how we show our support, other cities states may not be so open with it which is fine, that's how they handle it, but it's the way we do things...we're a very proud city (not to say others aren't)...it's kinda like how in the south football is huge and every takes it to the heart, well that's how we feel with our city

some cities live through football or whatever else they pride on, we do the same through our city...it's different when you're not from here but it's all the same

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
This is sort of aggravating. I don't understand why you think your states tragedy "trumps" anothers... Is your tragedy more important and deserve more attention?

i think you're taking what he said out of context...he's not saying that our tragedy is more important then what happened in texas...when it comes to the media, a terrorist act will always get more news time...like when 9/11 happened, it was basically all you saw and heard about...acts of terrorism will always get more news time

19935.slow

Established Member

Just my thoughts.

This is a much more, well thought out post. I agree, but disagree to an extent. The country, and the world needs to know what is happening. And I agree, donations, charity, and to people like me; God is most important. However, unless anyone was there to give up-to-date information on the situation as it increases, how would the rest of the world know, or know how to react?

Good post thought man. :beer:

Copper&Black

Established Member
What rights were violated by the police?

I'll just leave this here...

[youtube_browser]vqJUam-KKcY[/youtube_browser]

I am absolutely not a cop basher, but it makes you think about how easy your freedom and rights get striped in a Marshall law situation.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
^Nothing out of line there, or nothing that they shouldn't be doing. They were looking for an armed man that recently rocked a major city killing 3 people, injuring many more, left people disfigured for life, shot two uniforms while killing one. It looks to me like they were done ****ing around, I don't get what the big deal is? Its like they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they didn't do this and he ended up shooting/blowing up a neighborhood then everybody would say "where was FBI, BPD, State police etc". Job well done IMO.

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
^Nothing out of line there, or nothing that they shouldn't be doing. They were looking for an armed man that recently rocked a major city killing 3 people, injuring many more, left people disfigured for life, shot two uniforms while killing one. It looks to me like they were done ****ing around, I don't get what the big deal is? Its like they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they didn't do this and he ended up shooting/blowing up a neighborhood then everybody would say "where was FBI, BPD, State police etc". Job well done IMO.

this

Bad Chariot

Established Member

I could give 2 craps WHERE it happened. This has NOTHING to do with being from Mass. The jackarse made a comment pissing and moaning that they deserved equal "airtime". I am saying NO THEY DON'T NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

Accidents vs Intentional Actions are 2 different things. Lets think back 2 years ago during the Aurora Theater Shooting. That shooting happens in CO and in Florida a school bus goes off the road and kills 10 kids. 9 out of 10 stories will be about CO shooting.

NORMAL people understand accidents happen, NORMAL people understand that a domestic act of terrorism is a MAJOR issue because someone intentionally went out of their way to harm others.

Users who are viewing this thread