Stealth 340 pumps and return less?

cobracide

Established Member
They *might* but are not designed from the ground up to be used in a returnless fuel system. I would stick with Ford GT pumps and if you need more, then add a bap. All of these components work well with our stock fuel systems.

Aeromotive*|* FAQ – 340 Stealth Fuel Pumps

"Installation of a fuel pump like the 340 Stealth into today’s “returnless” systems, when you consider that it flows 2-3 times as much volume, draws 2-3 times as much current and is not necessarily the exact size and configuration of the pump it replaces, will very probably throw the OEM fuel system substantially out of balance, and if run for any length of time, may very well damage either the fuel system components or the 340 Stealth Pump itself."

Last edited:

46stang

Established Member
I've had them for about a year now, with no problems. The reason I chose them was because they have a built in check valve so you don't have that long crank when starting cold like you do with the GT pumps. (with the PPRV deleted).
At my last dyno pull the duty cycle was 82% and I don't have a BAP. I did upgrade all the wiring, including running two separate wires from both of my FPDM's to both pumps. FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread