Steeda 2013 Mustang GT - CAI & Tune Dyno Results & Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteedaBrandon

7164580234_988c917957.jpg

With the 2013 Mustang rated at 8 more horsepower from the factory it baselined slightly higher than other cars we have done. Thanks to the higher baseline numbers the spread from stock to cold air and tune is a little less but still very good and worth the investment. Maybe with exhaust work you may see a little more than previous cars but even then we think the 2013’s will remain comparable to the 2011-12’s in their final numbers as was the case here.

Peak to peak gains achieved are 33 horsepower, with max point to point gains of 36 horsepower. Torque gains peak to peak were 24 ft/lbs with point to point gains of as much as 32ft/lbs.

Final numbers are 405.72 horsepower and 384.02 ft/lbs of torque.

Dyno sheet:
7198586272_2d28e7964c_c.jpg

Griever423

Established Member
Why is there a drop in power and torque at 4300ish RPM?

Overall incredible numbers for only an intake and tune. :beer:

SteedaBrandon

Why is there a drop in power and torque at 4300ish RPM?

Overall incredible numbers for only an intake and tune. :beer:
All the 2011+ 5.0L’s do that, magazines like 5.0 magazine have covered this with Ford engineers talking about this in their articles. It has to do with the intake manifold design.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
HAHA whatever steve. Supposedly which I will find out, a throttle body is supposed to help that out. I think I'm going with accufab 84.5 TB.

I don't see the point for me. A Boss is meant to work in the high RPM range and I don't typically see those RPM's driving around on the street. I like the low end torque for the seat of the pants factor. Which is why I will be going with a blower like a Roush, Whipple or KB. :banana:

cdog1157

Established Member
Have you tuned an auto yet? Curious how the tune would work when you put it in Sport mode which is supposed to hold out longer before it upshifts.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Have you tuned an auto yet? Curious how the tune would work when you put it in Sport mode which is supposed to hold out longer before it upshifts.

+2 and I also read in my owners manual that there is a new fuel strategy in the 13 that cuts fuel after several seconds of coasting or inactivity with the throttle. I am wondering about the tuning with the 13 auto

SteedaBrandon

We have not yet. SCT doesn't have support for it yet.

+2 and I also read in my owners manual that there is a new fuel strategy in the 13 that cuts fuel after several seconds of coasting or inactivity with the throttle. I am wondering about the tuning with the 13 auto
It's not new. Ford has used it for a while now in many of their cars and trucks.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
We have not yet. SCT doesn't have support for it yet.

It's not new. Ford has used it for a while now in many of their cars and trucks.

So the sport mode is the only thing holding up SCT tunes on the 13's? Just ordered steeda CAI and tuner but wont be able to use yet?

SteedaBrandon

So the sport mode is the only thing holding up SCT tunes on the 13's? Just ordered steeda CAI and tuner but wont be able to use yet?

I'm not exactly sure what is causing the delay at SCT, that would be a better questions for them.

The 'no support' I am referring to is that they don't currently have tuning for the 2013 automatics.

o2gt

Established Member
I'm not exactly sure what is causing the delay at SCT, that would be a better questions for them.

The 'no support' I am referring to is that they don't currently have tuning for the 2013 automatics.

I'm confused I thought other tuners were using sct to tune auto 2013? Do you believe that at some point a tune will be out? I just ordered a car it will suck if I can't tune it. thanks for the help.

TheYeti

Established Member
I'm confused I thought other tuners were using sct to tune auto 2013? Do you believe that at some point a tune will be out? I just ordered a car it will suck if I can't tune it. thanks for the help.

there are other tuners already putting out auto tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread