Steeda CAI and MAC CB

arizona302

Established Member
I gotta say that in terms of SOTP I don't notice much difference in the car after these two mods. I'm too cheap to get it dynoed yet - not until I get the lower pulley on and install a chip. And haven't been to the track but maybe this Friday.

The car does sound much better now, IMO. :beer:

Is it possible that when I installed the CAI that now the meter is positioned in the wrong angle or something? Does that make a difference?

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
The Steeda will only install in 1 position: MAF up at 12 o'clock. The bolt holes only line up in one direction.

arizona302

Established Member
Thanks. That's how I installed it.

Does the "screen" from the stock setup need to go back in? I didn't re-install it because it just didn't fit right.

trey193

Established Member
Did you reset you computer by unplugging the negative cable fo r 10-15 minutes??

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by arizona302
Does the "screen" from the stock setup need to go back in? I didn't re-install it because it just didn't fit right.
No. The screen doesn't get re-installed. I have personally noticed that mods done before installing my catback seemed to give more of a SOTP feel then after the catback was installed. As a matter of fact when I installed my first catback (Magnaflow) I thought the car was slower. The same thing happened when I installed my Steeda catback. I am convinced that my mind is messing me up. The loudness of the catback seems to affect how I perceive the SOTP feel. That's just me. It's a mind game. You'll surely see an increase on the dyno.
:rollseyes

arizona302

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Did you reset you computer by unplugging the negative cable fo r 10-15 minutes??

No. What does that do?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No. What does that do?
It resets your computer. If you didn't, your computer will self-adjust over a period of a couple of days. It's a smart practice to disconnect the negative terminal for any mod.

florida03

Banned
I dont see how you cant feel a difference.
I had steeda install my densecharger,their x with
cats, and a borla catback.I had it dynoed stock and she
pulled 360/360 at the wheels.After install 405/395.I felt the
difference right there.And they did not unplug my battery.
Might be the steeda cai.

King03Cobra

Established Member
I noticed quite a difference with just the Steeda alone. You could tell it was pulling the air in effortlessly like a giant vacumn cleaner.

arizona302

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
It resets your computer. If you didn't, your computer will self-adjust over a period of a couple of days. It's a smart practice to disconnect the negative terminal for any mod.

But you're saying that over time the computer will adjust to the new mods whether I disconnect the battery or not. It's been a couple weeks since the mods.

It seemed to me that the tires would nearly break loose in 1st with some cold weather. I thought with the extra power they would break loose even easier now. I haven't experienced that at all - unless I can't hear them spinning.

Friendchicken

From my understanding, the computer automatically resets after 20 turns of the key anyway. Any SVT techs want to verify?

Video

Established Member
I have the same mods...steeda CAI and MAC cat back, I felt the difference mainly when the catback was installed....it pulls pretty good now...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by florida03
I
Might be the steeda cai.
Can you explain why you think the Steeda CAI is robbing power to the wheels?
:??:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
But you're saying that over time the computer will adjust to the new mods whether I disconnect the battery or not. It's been a couple weeks since the mods.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It is a fact.

florida03

Banned
CobraBob,what else could it be.
You know the catback gains nice #.
Maybee the steeda cai gets better gains
when you chip and pulley.All I know is I
my dense works like a dream.I am waiting
on the predator and a 2.7 and get a dyno with
a steeda cai wich I have sitting in my garage.
My freind sold it to me after he got his KB.
Nothing against steeda, they have done all
the work on my car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by florida03
CobraBob,what else could it be.
You know the catback gains nice #.
Maybee the steeda cai gets better gains
when you chip and pulley.
You're getting a bit out in left field. This whole thread started by someones SOTP increase observation. Unless the car was dynoed before and after the installation there isn't much to debate or even prove. That's why my post above stated that the catback noise factored into my own perceived increase. SOTP perceptions are meaningless.
:rollseyes

P.S. The Steeda CAI compares to most of the others as far as power increases. I'm not aware of any CAI that loses power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread