Steeda Catback = OMFG!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
That's my exact plan of action, BEATNGU. Just gotta save the dinero and then I'll order one.

I'll bet that H pipe will make it sound even deeper and lower. Good god. As it is, its almost subsonic at idle its so deep.

n03cobra

Established Member
I wonder how the SLP catbacks would be? I've heard the Borla stinger and Steeda at mustangexhaust.com, kinda liked the stinger. I thought the steedas sounded a little to deep burbley. Like it was under water. But I still can't decide which way to go. I just don't want snap, crackle & pop or any drone!

RJCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
Finally got the Steeda catback installed. Got it for $533 shipped. Installed it today, and I'm in disbelief. It is exactly what I wanted. The sound is so brutal and deep.

It is almost quieter than stock at idle, but has a really nice V8 burble to it. Then up at 1750 rpm, there is a slight drone but just barely worse than stock. But when you get on the gas, its like unleashing hell and all its demons. This catback totally transforms itself from a gentle, deep gurgling dream, to a wet dream of screams and roars that I couldn't believe was the same catback as it sounds to be at idle and gentle cruise.

I can still cruise around with my stereo at the same volume it was with the stock catback, and it doesn't disturb me at all, but if I romp the pedal, it drowns out the Mach 1000 stereo system like it was nothing, with the windows down. With the windows up, I can still hear it, but it doesn't overpower the music.

Its just perfect, and sounds so sweet. Mellow and deep when you want it to be, and enraged, and viscious when you want it to be.:rockon:

Where'd you get it for that price?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Finally got the Steeda catback installed...
I rode in a member's car with a Steeda. I was very impressed with it. I was looking for something with a sound of "authority," but not something that would annoy me with a drone or wake my neighbors. I was amazed at how great it sounded on the outside of the car without blasting the passengers with headache-inducing noise. :thumbsup:

One question... Did you have any problems lining up the tips? I saw a couple of posts on here recently where people were complaining about how the hangers had to be bent because the tips wouldn't line up. This may have just been with systems that were built recently. :shrug:

-Greg

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I have the Borla Stingers and the Bassani Catted X-pipe. Rev it up and it sounds like a non-street legal stock car. It's absolutely insane and overpowers the sound of the blower.

I've heard the Steeda, it's a nice setup for daily driving since it remains quiet at low RPM. I use Drivers Seat mode a lot on my Mach 460 now because it's difficult to hear the radio in All Seats or Rear Seats now.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
You guys just about convinced me to go with STEEDA. I was gonna get maggies, but, I heard theres a lot of popping sound on decel and didnt like that. Hey Johnsonl, thanks for the pics and the dyno chart on your site. I have the FIPK on mine so far, so I'm hoping to be around the same area you are. Nice color by the way, black rules!

Voice of Reason

Established Member
That's my exact plan of action, BEATNGU. Just gotta save the dinero and then I'll order one.

I'll bet that H pipe will make it sound even deeper and lower. Good god. As it is, its almost subsonic at idle its so deep.

I have the MRT catted H pipe + Steeda cat-back combo on my car and I love it. When I had just the cat back I thought it was pretty sweet, but it needed to be just a tad deeper sounding and a tad louder. With the new H pipe I got just that. Sounds great when cruising, mean as hell at WOT, and I can drive a long distance with the wife without the exhaust or her beating me up.

I even have one of the early MRT H pipes that supposidly doesn't fit. My only complaint about the H pipe is that it hangs a bit low. I think they fixed that with the redesign because a friend has one on his Cobra and it isn't as low as mine. I don't think I will ever be able to lower the car because as it stands now I scrape going over speed bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread