Steeda Catback

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Hi Guys, received my Steeda catback on Friday and did the install on Saturday first thing in the morning. Reversed the car on rhino ramps and did the swap. Took about one and a half hours, but it was well worth it. Went to start the car and WOW!!:-D Quiet at idle, but when you get on it's a nice deep, throaty sound. Big difference from stock. Drove around alot just to listen to my new exhaust. Did alot of reading around these forums to help me decide and do the install. And yes, this is my first mod. Thanks:beer:

vbaz13

Proud Member of
Established Member
Did you use the stock H-Pipe? Are you thinking of going with a X-Pipe w/ or w/o cats?

Did you notice a pick-up in power with just the cat-back?

I'm planning on going with the Steeda cat-back next month. Don't know if I should do the X-Pipe w/ cats.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Yes, I'm using the stock H-pipe. Very good quality on steeda's part. The tailpipes line up perfect. The only small problem is that the hangar midway of the tailpipe is a little longer thus to pipe is a little lower. But all in all I'm very happy.

Edwin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Isn't it great? The longer I drive my Cobra the more I like the Steeda (with Magnaflow catted X-pipe) exhaust. Nice idle. And just a bit throaty until you nail it. And best of all, no drone!
:burnout:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Edwin,
Lets get together so I can hear it. What are you doing this afternoon? Maybe call a few other club members and see if we can get together.....BO

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Anyone have any sound clips or video? I have welded in Flows right now, but thinking of going with a full cat-back sometime in the near future. I know this has been asked before, but is this the same borla exhaust that saleen puts on their cars. I have a buddy that has a 2000 S281-SC, and I love the way his car sounds. Anyone have an idea what exhaust that year had?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthTXSnake
Anyone have any sound clips or video? I have welded in Flows right now, but thinking of going with a full cat-back sometime in the near future. I know this has been asked before, but is this the same borla exhaust that saleen puts on their cars. I have a buddy that has a 2000 S281-SC, and I love the way his car sounds. Anyone have an idea what exhaust that year had?

hey bud,,you definitely need a catback!!! I had weld in flows for a while then I came up on some money and bought the catback. Much better sound and such an improvement in power too!! I have the Dynomax 3" catback with Magnaflow X pipe. I may switch to the offroad bassani x pipe soon though. But I bet you are losing power with those Flows! I did!

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Yeah, after reading what everyone says about the flows, just waiting to save money for the cat-back. Juiced-03, did you feel any difference when you insalled your cat-back with stock H pipe befor the X-pipe, or did you install it all at once? I like the regular Borla S/S, and I think I will end up going with this one, just don't know if I should keep the factory H or go with an X pipe.

How do you paste what someone else has written in your post? Do you just copy and past? Sorry for the newbie questions!!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthTXSnake
Yeah, after reading what everyone says about the flows, just waiting to save money for the cat-back. Juiced-03, did you feel any difference when you insalled your cat-back with stock H pipe befor the X-pipe, or did you install it all at once? I like the regular Borla S/S, and I think I will end up going with this one, just don't know if I should keep the factory H or go with an X pipe.

How do you paste what someone else has written in your post? Do you just copy and past? Sorry for the newbie questions!!

Hey,,I first installed the x pipe with the stock catback and flows welded in. I didnt feel any power gain but the tone of the exhaust was some what higher pitched. When I installed the catback, the car's power got insane to say the least. I think the catback was the main restriction in my whole setup! I did have the pulley and chip, so I am sure my gains with a catback will be higher than those with the stock pulley. Right now I am back to stock pulley and no chip for warranty work but the car pulls way harder with the exhaust than it did stock with no exhaust!

Oh and to quote someone,,,just click the Quote button to the right and below someone's post! :beer:

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Hey,,I first installed the x pipe with the stock catback and flows welded in. I didnt feel any power gain but the tone of the exhaust was some what higher pitched. When I installed the catback, the car's power got insane to say the least. I think the catback was the main restriction in my whole setup! I did have the pulley and chip, so I am sure my gains with a catback will be higher than those with the stock pulley. Right now I am back to stock pulley and no chip for warranty work but the car pulls way harder with the exhaust than it did stock with no exhaust!

Oh and to quote someone,,,just click the Quote button to the right and below someone's post! :beer:

Now I really can't wait for the cat-back. I'm really afraid to get the cat-back, once it starts I don't think it's going to stop. Cat-back, CAI, Pulley, chip, and on..and on........

Thanks for the help on the quote!!

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
Edwin,
Lets get together so I can hear it. What are you doing this afternoon? Maybe call a few other club members and see if we can get together.....BO

Hey Bo! Had a busy early afternoon. Found a screw in my R/R tire and had to get it patched and plugged. At least they did it the right way by dismounting the tire and doing it from the inside. Then I gotta go attend an engagement party later in the afternoon. Would love to get together though. Gotta see if I can sneak away for couple hours. Ah crap, can't really sneak away now. Cars louder:eek:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
The only small problem is that the hangar midway of the tailpipe is a little longer thus to pipe is a little lower. But all in all I'm very happy.

Same here, Im gonna fix it this week.

It's my second exhaust from Steeda, both where top notch.
Sound, performance, and quality.

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Originally posted by BEATNGU
Same here, Im gonna fix it this week.

It's my second exhaust from Steeda, both where top notch.
Sound, performance, and quality.

Let me know how it goes so I can do the same. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread