Steeda K-member install

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I received my K-member today. I'm planning on starting a thread to cover this year/winter mods.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Ordered mine Sunday night before Cyber Monday. Still waiting on it to be made and shipped I suppose. Just wanted to post in here as I plan on using this thread to help with install.

There is nothing to the install - literally bolts right in. I used plumb bobs per the MM instructions from their kit to check the alignment, but this one was dead on right from the start. Glad to see they are still selling, to say they are a fantastic piece is an understatement.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Joe,

What hole did you set the the plum bob on the front of the Steeda k member since it doesn’t have the small home like the MM K?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Joe,

What hole did you set the the plum bob on the front of the Steeda k member since it doesn’t have the small home like the MM K?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
FWIW you don't need a hole like what MM has. I'd use the A arm mount for that purpose.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Yep, just used the control arm mounts from what I recall. It's been a few years now, but I do not remember anything at all complicated about it.

bubblehead93

Established Member
Thanks for looking at my thread, i hoped it helped, I agree with others, it is pretty straight forward, if you have never done it, dropping the k-member can look like major surgery... or so my wife said when she saw everything not in the car... however, it is straight forward... depending how much you have/will lowered the car you have a choice in a-arm mounting points (upper/lower)...

r/
Andy

Ordered mine Sunday night before Cyber Monday. Still waiting on it to be made and shipped I suppose. Just wanted to post in here as I plan on using this thread to help with install.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/steeda-k-member-install.1057841/

SVT_Troy

Established Member
FWIW you don't need a hole like what MM has. I'd use the A arm mount for that purpose.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Thanks alot, from what Joe said elsewhere the Steeda K installs straight first time. I'll find out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread