Steeda springs

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Aren't the ball joints only needed if going 2 or more inches drop?

also, bumpsteer kit depends on how it feels after its dropped?

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
um I think the bumpsteer kit and x2 balljoints have more to do with maintaining proper suspension geometry when you are lowering your car. And are recommended even if only lowering 1 inch.

I just dropped my car off to get all that stuff installed, I took before pics, when I get it back Ill take after pics and post the results.

I went with balljoints, bumpsteer kit, caster camber plates, and springs all from steeda.

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by reefer
how long have they been on your car? it takes them acouple weeks to set and they'll lower more

Originally posted by batfat
D-Cobra, did you measure the wheel arch's from the ground up before and after? 1" sounds like a lot but is not maybe visually obvious. When I compare IronTerps ebay pics with my car I can see a difference. How's the ride on the street? I open track 5-8 times a year and found the stock 600# springs a little soft (to much body roll) and 1" will make a difference in the center of gravity. Thanks

well, i have had them on for over 3 weeks now, and it still doesn't seem to have lowered at all.

as far as measuring the height, i didn't do so. but i can tell there's a very subtle difference in the ride heigth, much less obvious than 1 inch.

i talked to Steeda yesterday, and they said i should take out the isolators from the front and rear springs to achieve the proper look. so next week, i'm going back to the shop and take out the isolators.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I was just about to mention that. I think there are two isolators before shock/spring. They mentioned it in the instructions for installing the springs.

They say you can take both of them out to get it to its lowest with those springs but it might cause everything to be noisier.

They recommend at least taking one out on each spring to get to 1 to 1-1/4 inch.

Users who are viewing this thread