Steeda springs

batfat

Established Member
Hi, Has anyone used the Steeda 2003 Cobra Sport Springs. I do open track lapping and want the car a little lower and a little stiffer. I don't want the H@R's and would appreciate any comments about eibachs. Thanks

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I have them.....really like them. Lowered the car slightly more than 1 inch. Love the way it looks. Car handles much better and helped a lot withj wheel hop. Don't know enough to comment/compare with others as far as curvy performance is concerned.

maoun

Established Member
i have the full griggs GR40 setup....you can always use their coil-overs for open track...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
IronTerp,

Can you post some pics of your car?

Are you using the 03 specific springs?

How is the ride quality compared to stock?

Any problems scraping the front?

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
IronTerp,

Can you post some pics of your car?

Are you using the 03 specific springs?

How is the ride quality compared to stock?

Any problems scraping the front?

MTI LS1

I also have the 2003 specific Steeda springs. I love them. The car sits perfect and the ride is the same a stock. Also greatly increased handling IMO. Great buy, I recommend them.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
03 DSG Snake,

You can find pictures of my car on site below...... the springs where on the car when I bought it so I'm not really sure about before and after ride quality. Never had any instances with scraping in the front. On one occassion they rubbed a little in the back when I had two passengers (my 220 lb sons!) with me (250 lbs) driving..... Magnaflows also hit a couple of times on speedbumbs with passengers.... really love the look and stance and handles great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=2430807758

batfat

Established Member
Thanks Guy's, I'm going to go with the Steeda springs and MM 4 bolt caster/camber plates. The pictures IronTerp posted on his ebay add are great, thanks. That is as low as I want to go. Did any of you replace the spring seats when you installed the springs? Thanks, Sandy

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
I have them.....really like them. Lowered the car slightly more than 1 inch. Love the way it looks. Car handles much better and helped a lot withj wheel hop. Don't know enough to comment/compare with others as far as curvy performance is concerned.

i have them too. the car indeed handles better.

however, it doesn't seem to have lowered the car much. in fact, it doesn't seems lowering my car at all. weird. :shrug:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I went the same route, just got the springs, 4 bolt caster camber plates, bumpsteer kit and ball joints from steeda, cant wait to get it installed. So Ill let ya know when its all done as to whether its better.

so far though it sounds like its a decent improvement.

reefer

Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra
i have them too. the car indeed handles better.

however, it doesn't seem to have lowered the car much. in fact, it doesn't seems lowering my car at all. weird. :shrug:

how long have they been on your car? it takes them acouple weeks to set and they'll lower more

batfat

Established Member
D-Cobra, did you measure the wheel arch's from the ground up before and after? 1" sounds like a lot but is not maybe visually obvious. When I compare IronTerps ebay pics with my car I can see a difference. How's the ride on the street? I open track 5-8 times a year and found the stock 600# springs a little soft (to much body roll) and 1" will make a difference in the center of gravity. Thanks

bigboye

Established Member
I have steeda springs in my 03 but they are the one for 99-01. I have no problems with them. It did lower the car about a inch or so but the ride is the same as stock. Steeda told me that they would work but is I was looking to improve performance and not just looks I should use the ones for the 03. I got the springs and no out of pocket money so it was worth it to install them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Saadcobra, I've noticed in a number of threads that you post quotes from other posters but never add any comments along with the quote. Are you repeating the question? Are you forgetting to add your own comment? :??:

batfat

Established Member
Hi Cobra Bob...asked the same thing myself...You got a GREAT looking car! (same as mine!) I just got the Black inserts from Bob White Decals but will wait for the spring (it's cold up here in Canada) to install them. Are you planning any suspension work. Cheers, Sandy
P.S. When you get the latest copy of SVT Enthusiast thats my DSG on the cover!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by batfat
Hi Cobra Bob...asked the same thing myself...You got a GREAT looking car! (same as mine!) I just got the Black inserts from Bob White Decals but will wait for the spring (it's cold up here in Canada) to install them. Are you planning any suspension work. Cheers, Sandy
P.S. When you get the latest copy of SVT Enthusiast thats my DSG on the cover!!!
Hi Sandy,
I'm planning on installing coil-overs in the Spring or Summer, but it isn't a definite yet. I also might go with the Steeda lowering springs. Less costly but not as good for action on the road courses. I see you're going for the Steeda springs. Let me know how you like them.
:)

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
I bought the Steeda sport springs for the 03 and only put the front ones on to see how it would sit. So far I like as is. Lowered front a little over an inch. Seems to ride stiffer at least it seems to hit bumps harder than before. Will wait till spring to decide to put the backs on.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
I have Steeda Competion Front Springs and Street / Comp. Rear Springs. 1000 lb fronts, 700-800 rears. The ride isn't that much more harsh then stock. Lowered the car ~ 1". We'll see how the stock shocks hold up.

Users who are viewing this thread