Steig Stage 4 and 2.76??

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Will this combo overspin the blower with a stock lower? I know a 2.93 upper(which I have) and a 4# lower would be ideal but I just bought the updated heads, having to pay for install and looks like I'll be picking up a Stage 4 blower, TB and plenum. I've quickly run out of moola for the moment but may buy the lower later.

Just wanted to make sure the 2.76 would be OK for a while?? :shrug:

Check CobraBob's FAQ here:

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Duh.......I guess I figured for some reason it would be different with the port. But it wouldn't because it's still only turning as fast as the pulley that's on it.

Disregard, brain fart moment. :loser:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you don't have the Stiegemeier Stage 4 port yet, consider the new Stage 5.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
If you don't have the Stiegemeier Stage 4 port yet, consider the new Stage 5.

I bought a used Stage 4 blower, TB and PL. I considered the 5 but I really wanted to keep my stock blower also.

Hmmm, I need to find the thread to see what Stieg said they would upgrade a 4 to a 5 for. :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah. I see. Well, even the Stage 4 is nice. Might be faster if you just call Bob S. and ask him about the upgrade cost. The Stage 5 seems to be the hot ticket. :)

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I bought a used Stage 4 blower, TB and PL. I considered the 5 but I really wanted to keep my stock blower also.

Hmmm, I need to find the thread to see what Stieg said they would upgrade a 4 to a 5 for. :-D

I bought a used stage IV blower/TB/and PL too. Just curious, how much did you pay?? Just wondering if I got overpriced.. I paid about 900 after everything was shipped...

I am thinking about sending mine in for an upgrade too:rolling:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
I bought a used stage IV blower/TB/and PL too. Just curious, how much did you pay?? Just wondering if I got overpriced.. I paid about 900 after everything was shipped...

I paid 625 shipped. The blower had a snout rebuild, rear bearings and Stage IV port done. The plenum is ported and the TB is ported/polished. It only has 1500 miles on the port/rebuild. He also threw in a bottle of blower oil with it.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I paid 625 shipped. The blower had a snout rebuild, rear bearings and Stage IV port done. The plenum is ported and the TB is ported/polished. It only has 1500 miles on the port/rebuild. He also threw in a bottle of blower oil with it.

wow.. Nice deal for you.. the blower I got had 12K on it total and 3K with a port so it's in good shape but I still may have paid a little much.. Oh well

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member

Most people sell the blowers for around $300 - 400 alone. A stage 4 with the goodies you want is around $700 new. So not all that bad of a deal.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
:dw:

i hate you so much...

:-D

:beer: :rockon:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Sorry guys, when I saw it I snatched it before anyone else had a chance to see it because I knew it would have been gone.

It's sitting in my floor now waiting on the 25th of this month when I carry my car in to get the updated heads done.

Users who are viewing this thread