Steigemeier Ported Blower On!!

chrisle7220

Established Member
All I can say is wow!! It pulls a lot harder up top, no crap. Just looking at the speedo climb the way it did made me almost cream my pants. Some may think im stupid when im about to say this, but I still have not gotten a custom tune. I will hit up James very soon. As for right now, i am still running the Predator pulley tune and running real rich. The next thing will definitely be tires. Either BFG's or Nittos, what do ya'll suggest? Do the BFG's grip that much better then the nittos, or is it overrated? The cobra is my daily, so just to let you know. Plus i wish i had ran my car when it was pullied to see what i got in the 1/4mile but never had the chance too. What do you estimate my times will be now with the ported blower. Im seeing a lot of low-mid 11's at 120-125, but then again ive seen some people trap 118-119. I hope this blower is worth it when I hook it up to the dyno, im sure Steggy did a good job with the port and cant thank them enough. Wish me luck guys!

Juiced-03

Established Member
I share your excitement!! I just romped on mine today for the second time after the blower install....it's crazy lol....huge seat of the pants difference for sure! And I am running the stock pulley lol! This blower with stock boost feels just as good if not better than the unported blower with 15psi!

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
bfg's dont last long at all.... nittos dont either but at least longer then bfgs.. ive personally never tried bfgs yet but ive heard they do grip better :shrug:

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Glad to hear the blower porting has good SOTP feel to it. I'll be taking mine off to send in to Steigmeier in about a week. All the good news on the forum, just makes me even more sure, that it's the right things to do. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, the good news for you will be when you get a re-tune. And do it ASAP if you're running really rich now. When I installed my ported blower I switched to a SCT tune that was very rich. I lost almost 40rwhp in the process. Went back to my original Diablo chip (slightly lean but not dangerous) and gained it all back and then some. With the Diablo chip (Amazon tune) I made 504rwhp. With the SCT tune (rich) I only made 465rwhp. And it felt night and day different of course. So a nice tune should get you some more power and you'll be smiling from ear to ear. Good luck!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Mike_Hawk said:
I figured there wasn't much of a gain w/ the stock pulley so I never considered it. Do you recommended it?

YES, YES, YES!!!!

Like I said, I used to have a 2.80 pulley on my old unported Eaton. Now that I have the ported Eaton, I decided to try the stock pulley for kicks. It really pulls hard just like the 2.80 did! It is hard to explain, but when you hit 5000 rpm's the supercharger makes a different sound and the car just takes off..almost feels like a hit of nitrous. Just make sure you have exhaust and a way to tune the car if you port the Eaton.

I will actually be leaving the stock pulley on until spring/summer time. No point in having more boost when I cant even get traction now! But I have a feeling the 2.80 pulley is going to be INSANE lol. Nice thing about the stock pulley with the ported Eaton also is that you won't have to worry about pegging your MAF or getting fuel mods. At least for a few months anyway when you switch the pulley!

Last edited:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Sending mine out to them this week. As far as the tires go, my BFG's make a huge difference at the track and on the street. However, they don't last very long. Maybe a lil more than 3k. I've never had the Nitto's, but they get much praise on this board for a good in between tire (street vs track).

Good to hear your enjoying your new port. :rockon:

David

chrisle7220

Established Member
3k miles on BFG's? Are you serious? That bad? Damn, might just get some nittos then.

03YellowVenom

Established Member
I picked up 41 RWH with my steg ported blower, and it feels like a 100 :banana: I also went with a bigger pulley and a safer tune thats alot of bang for the buck, they have excellent customer service.They go out of the way to help you out. :beer:

03YellowVenom

Established Member
Yup it definately was my best go-fast mod, its been on for over a month and I still cant wipe the smile off my face.Now I just picked up a pro-m 92m maf because i was afraid of pegging the stock maf although it never pegged on the dyno.I'm just wondering if i should re-dyno after the installing the pro-m to see if it leaned out at all, plus i'd like to see if I picked up anymore rwh.According to pro-m they said it might lean it out alittle but not much and I shouldnt have to redyno wright away :coolman:

Juiced-03

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Dam, it actually made that much of a difference where you could feel it?

:lol:

Get one and you will see why I am laughing! :thumbsup:

I didn't believe it would make a difference that I could feel, but man was I wrong.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
chrisle7220 said:
3k miles on BFG's? Are you serious? That bad? Damn, might just get some nittos then.

Assuming you will do using the burnout box at the track and doubling on the street, I believe that's pretty accurate.

However, the traction is much better with the BFG's. These babies soften up like chewing gum on blacktop on a hot day. :pepper:

Good luck,
David

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Juiced-03 said:
:lol:

Get one and you will see why I am laughing! :thumbsup:

I didn't believe it would make a difference that I could feel, but man was I wrong.
Especially in the upper rpms! :pepper:

chrisle7220

Established Member
Well as some may know i dynoed 498/453 STD and 485/442 SAE. Not so happy with my SAE numbers but when I get spark plugs and a little tweak in the A/F, what do you think i will trap at?

03YellowVenom

Established Member
I threw a pro-m 92mm maf and cold air kit to my steg ported blower combo and I went to 502RWH and 482RWT cant wait to hit to the track only about 3 weeks to go :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread