Stem cell research

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Im doing a paper on stem cell research, and im just wondering how you guys feel about the issue. Is it right or wrong, why or why not.

Menace-01Cobra

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
Im doing a paper on stem cell research, and im just wondering how you guys feel about the issue. Is it right or wrong, why or why not.

We are using the research to help people, I could see if maybe we used it to kill people it might be bad. I say research the hell out of it.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Definately use them. I have a family member with Parkinson's and it tears me up to see the deterioration. It makes me furious that some people refuse to use stem cells for research. I'm republican, but Bush really pisses me off with his arrogance by saying that we don't even know if it will provide any real benefit. No $hit, we'll never know unless we try. Sorry about the rant

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I agree, I support Bush, but I think he has this idea that its going to make things worse, and harm more than it will help.

When has that stopped us EVER? I'm not a politician, nor do I want to be one, but I think they should try to use their heads instead of worrying about their paycheck. Seems to be the growing factor in today politics...

Stems cells have been very promising in other countries. Just think what it can do in the hands of some of the most experienced and bright researchers here in the US. (Not a bash at any other country's medical system)

I say go for it. You're the one researching it, give us some details.

redocmach1

Established Member
i just did a project on it 2...its an easy subject to get info on...personally i think its wrong, but the embryo's that we already have extracted mise well be used...

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
I think it's a good thing. Not killing anyone or anything. These are not fertilized eggs in the first place. They aren't going to turn into humans by osmosis any time soon.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Not allowing stem cell research is nothing more than religion trying to govern science.

What ever happened to good 'ole seperation of church and state?

03DOHC

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
People are afraid of new things. Stem cell research is definately something that should be legal and funded by the government.
It should be legal because the government has no say in it anyway, even though some think they should (and everyone knows who that is). And since we're not a communist country it should most certainly NOT be funded by the government.

ScreamingYellow

Established Member
I'm 100% for it. This research can be used to grow new organs (like if a child is born with an organ defect), can be used to grow more skin (as in for burn victims), and can be used to cure diseases such as Parkinsons and Alzheimers. Other countries are already working on it and the US does not need to be left behind.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
Just because an activity is legal does not make it moral.
Depends on your morality. Do you agree with animal research? Their DNA is similar to ours. The stem cell taken out of an embryo has about as much effect on life as the monthly cycle does.

tistan

Established Member
I think a lot of people misunderstand Bushs stance on stem cell research. He might not morally support the research, but he is not doing anything to make it illegal either. Bush is against federal funding for stem cell research. I agree with Bush because if a company makes a breakthrough on stem cells then they going to make a lot of money. Why should our tax dollars pay for people to do research so they can charge us out the ass when we have to go to the doctor.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
tistan said:
I think a lot of people misunderstand Bushs stance on stem cell research. He might not morally support the research, but he is not doing anything to make it illegal either. Bush is against federal funding for stem cell research. I agree with Bush because if a company makes a breakthrough on stem cells then they going to make a lot of money. Why should our tax dollars pay for people to do research so they can charge us out the ass when we have to go to the doctor.
Why are Canadian drugs so inferior to ours? I don't think that his love of fair market competition has anything to do with this. Hello, Haliburton?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Depends on your morality. Do you agree with animal research? Their DNA is similar to ours. The stem cell taken out of an embryo has about as much effect on life as the monthly cycle does.

I don't agree with animal research either when DNA is involved. One prime example of playing with fire is the Africanized honey bee.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
I don't agree with animal research either when DNA is involved. One prime example of playing with fire is the Africanized honey bee.
At least you're consistent. Most people aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread