Stereo Build - Pics Incoming during the install next weekend.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Stereo Build - Pics Incoming during the instal

Hey Guys,

I love my music...both engine and stereo. So I am going to replace my base model stereo in the GT with something that will be awesome. I am going to do the install next weekend, just about to order up the parts from Crutchfield. I havent built a stereo in about 5 years but this was my last one (in a 90GT Vert:

1929272_1133717548333_4654975_n.jpg

Anyways for my 2013 this is what I am thinking:

Pioneer AVH-X2700BS Head unit, double DIN
Metra dash kit with LCD climate controls
Infinity Kappa 682.11cf 5x7 speakers in the front, not replacing the rear. The rears will be disconnected because I hate rear fill
Two JL Audio 10w3v3-4 subwoofers at 2oh
JL Audio JX500/1D - 500w RMS to the subs at 2ohms
Kicker 40KX200.2 - 100w RMS to the 5x7's at 2ohms
2 guage power wire to a distribution block in the trunk.

I think this time I am going with a prebuilt box and will fire the subs towards the front of the car through a rear seat delete.

Anyone running a similar setup? This is being built and tuned for metal music mostly.

Anyways I will post pics of the build when I start

Last edited:

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Well started pulling the car apart today. At least getting the stock unit out.

Waiting on UPS for the my trim tools so I can remove the doors and then rewire the speakers, wire for the amps ect.

20151008_113113_zpsi17mmo44.jpg

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Ran into my first major problem. I cannot fish new speaker wires to the front doors without removing the dash. There is a sheet metal panel in the way from accessing the the wire run, i have tried fishing through for the last 2 hours its a no go. So looks like I will have to use stock speaker wire to the dash and run 16gauge to the back. Not happy about this and may visit a stereo shop for a quote after

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Running RCA's plus remote turn on:

20151009_143719_zpsaqqydnvm.jpg

Ran the 4g power wire down the right side. There is a rubber grommet in the wheel well that i fed it through. Had to use KY Jelly to lube the wire to get it through the grommet though. Neighbor stopped by probably though i was a wierdo.

20151009_143620_zpscbx0dxt3.jpg

20151009_145449_zpsn9a5fpzg.jpg

I think for now I will end up with something like this. I am going to get a custom box built as there is a lot of space behind the box but that wierd angled shelf is a bitch. So for now Ill do this, hide the wires. I have a 3x3' piece of 1/4" sheetwood underneath the the carpet that I will bolt everything to for now.:

20151009_160448_zpshfwh6wsr.jpg

evil281

Established Member
I have been looking at the Maestro dash kit myself for awhile now. The factory non shaker stereo sucks! I am not sure I want that much bass but I was thinking of a 10'' sub and new door/rear deck speakers for my setup. Looking forward to hearing how much trouble the install of the deck and dash kit turn out to be.

Is yours the non shaker system? I noticed the door panels are different on my friend kevins mustang with the shaker.

I have snyc but its the base model interior. Did you need adapters to mount the door speakers?

Last edited:

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
I have been looking at the Maestro dash kit myself for awhile now. The factory non shaker stereo sucks! I am not sure I want that much bass but I was thinking of a 10'' sub and new door/rear deck speakers for my setup. Looking forward to hearing how much trouble the install of the deck and dash kit turn out to be.

Is yours the non shaker system? I noticed the door panels are different on my friend kevins mustang with the shaker.

I have snyc but its the base model interior. Did you need adapters to mount the door speakers?

Mine is the base, non-shaker. I will be working on the Maestro and Metra dash kit tomorrow after I finish all the wiring. The only confusing part is figuring out how to reroute the factory speaker wires from the Adapter kit to the trunk...plus the adapter kit was a bit daunting looking at first (but ADR has a good wiring diagram):

20151009_163727_zps140ar5vr.jpg

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Oh, Crutchfield included adapters to connect the Inifintis to the stock wire harness, but you have to cut the tips off and run bare wire to them.

The speakers did not fit due to the plastic tabs on the top left and bottom right of the holes so i had to cut those off, took like 2 minutes. After that they went right in and I buttoned everything up in the doors.

evil281

Established Member
Mine is the base, non-shaker. I will be working on the Maestro and Metra dash kit tomorrow after I finish all the wiring. The only confusing part is figuring out how to reroute the factory speaker wires from the Adapter kit to the trunk...plus the adapter kit was a bit daunting looking at first (but ADR has a good wiring diagram):

20151009_163727_zps140ar5vr.jpg

What is the OBDII harness pictured used for? My OBD is already in use for my aeroforce interceptor.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Well finished everything up today:

Wired up:

20151010_134140_zpsc0dsqhyq.jpg

The metra face place in action with touch screen climate controls...a little janky but works great:

20151010_135756_zpswehjom5b.jpg

All buttoned up, looks kinda factory:

20151010_141045_zps46lrc4wb.jpg

20151010_141056_zpsoiqekrxy.jpg

So far the stereo is WAAAAAY louder than I was thinking. Speakers are sounding great, subwooders with only 500w hit retarded hard inside. Metal sound great, Rap sound great. All in all not a crazy hard job just took some time. Pretty happy with the results.

Slowb00st

Established Member
I had the same problem with the door speaker wires, I didnt change it but there is a post about it on another forum. You have to remove a comnector that passes the wires to the doors.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
I had the same problem with the door speaker wires, I didnt change it but there is a post about it on another forum. You have to remove a comnector that passes the wires to the doors.

I went down to some stereo shops today and they were saying if they are just using the factory location for the 5x7's they leave the stock wiring and do what I did...tap into the harness near the deck and then run the speaker wire the rest of the way to the back. Working like a champ

Slowb00st

Established Member
I went down to some stereo shops today and they were saying if they are just using the factory location for the 5x7's they leave the stock wiring and do what I did...tap into the harness near the deck and then run the speaker wire the rest of the way to the back. Working like a champ

Yeah thats what i did. But the stock stereo isnt helping, that thing starts to distort at the L in voLume. Will swap it out after supercharging the car since I want it to be louder.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Yeah thats what i did. But the stock stereo isnt helping, that thing starts to distort at the L in voLume. Will swap it out after supercharging the car since I want it to be louder.

Ya the Pioneer head unit + that kicker amp and the infiini 5x7's are stupid loud...I have the amp at about 1/4 gain and it nuts.....but sounds great.

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
Looks good. I was confused about the dash kit mentioned though. The one I am looking at is the MUS1 ADS kit.

evil281

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread