Steve Saleen resigns

californiacuda

Established Member
Steve Saleen has resigned from Saleen. As I said before, the Shelby Gt500 seem to have greatly affected Saleen, the company.

chuckstang

Established Member
huh, He is the company?????
If he resigned, then Saleen the company must be gone as well
I don't see why he would let others go on running his company. Didn't he sign with Chevy and the new Camaro project. His cars were overpriced anyway.

chuckstang

Established Member
I actually thought that the 03/04 Cobra would destroy the use of the Roush and Saleen Mustangs as the Terminators offered much better performance for a much cheaper price.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
chuckstang said:
huh, He is the company?????
If he resigned, then Saleen the company must be gone as well
I don't see why he would let others go on running his company. Didn't he sign with Chevy and the new Camaro project. His cars were overpriced anyway.
i agree...how is he going to resign from the company that he created??? i'm not a big fan of s281's because they are overpriced. but i am a reallllllllly big fan of the s7:D

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I actually thought that the 03/04 Cobra would destroy the use of the Roush and Saleen Mustangs as the Terminators offered much better performance for a much cheaper price.

Ford factory is WAY better then any aftermarket company out there. I've said it time and time again, but it seems to fall on deaf ears in here :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389004

STEVE SALEEN RETIRES FROM SALEEN INC.

Saleen Continues Legacy as the "Go-To" Brand for OEM Performance Projects

IRVINE, CALIF., MAY 14, 2007 - Steve Saleen, founder and vice chairman of the board at Saleen Inc., today announced his official retirement from the company's executive team. After years of planning, Mr. Saleen will take a greater step back from the company's day-to-day operations to act as corporate spokesperson and ambassador for the brand.

"I have a vested interest in the company's future and intend to remain involved," said Steve Saleen. "I take great pride in knowing I have assembled a team of the most talented and innovative professionals in the industry. Each person at Saleen has helped me achieve my dream and will help to continue my legacy into the next generation of Saleen products and services."

As founder and a major shareholder in the company, Mr. Saleen will continue to influence product design and development activities, as well as its branding strategies and promotional efforts.

Sounds like the company isn't going anywhere...

earl lee

Established Member
The company is still his, he will just spend more time fishing then saying yes and no.

Nothing more, nothing less.

He's the founder, but the article indicated that he was the Vice Chairman. He may not own as much of the company as he used too and when thats the case, there may be other reasons you ahve to step aside. Just speculation on my part. Maybe he does want to spend more time trying to hook flounder.

DAVESVT2000 said:
Steve has not owned the company in years....

Thats more the reason why his retirement is no big deal IMHO. Saleen is almost as bad as the GT500 delaers trying to sell the cars at double the MSRP.

chuckstang

Established Member
Sounds odd, but hes not actually retiring, from what I read he is just stepping down to a position that will involve less work on his part. Sort of like CS. But the thing is, Steve Saleen is not that old, perhaps he is just lazy or something aint goin his way and he had no choice. We will never know the full truth just like Coletti. Im not going to lose any sleep over it although I was genuinely sad when Coletti left

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Yep...more time for Steve to have more fun....good move. And the company Saleen will be around for a long long time. And yes I agree..love those S7's!!

chuckstang

Established Member
I guess is Carol Shelbys compay will go on forever after his passing then why not Saleen. I think Saleen is the modern day Shelby, unless you still think CS has much to do with the design and engineering of their cars.

yes steve allen is a owner with steve saleen. Thats how it orginiated was by those two men.I talk to saleen mustang just about every day,and haven't heard one word that Steve Saleen was retiring.If fact getting bussier making more saleen mustangs for the future. I think that's just rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread