Steve Saleens new job = SMS Supercars 2010 Mustang

Erick

Established Member
smsmustangprssfinalsoechh8.jpg

Dec 14, 2008 - Orange County, California. Steve Saleen announced today that he and his new company SMS (Steve’s initials) will design, engineer, certify and manufacture an all-new family of ultra-high performance Mustangs. Steve’s 25 year legacy with the Mustang will continue into the next quarter century with the launch of his 2010 Signature Series SMS 460 Mustangs.

Steve Saleen with his 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th Anniversary Mustangs
Photo Credit: Brad Bowling
The introduction of the SMS 460 Mustangs keeps Steve Saleen in the saddle with the model that made him famous as a manufacturer of high performance sports cars. Since leaving his former company, Saleen, Inc., Steve has entered exciting new territory with SMS. The first products to wear the new badge - the SMS 570 Challenger and SMS 570X Challenger, will begin shipping in late January.

“After 25 years of rich Mustang heritage, I am excited to begin work on the 2010 model” explains Steve. “Ford has hit the spot with the excellent new Mustang package and has provided me with an outstanding starting point. “The SMS 460 Mustangs will be truly world class performance vehicles and they will be available though the entire Ford dealer network!”

Hinting at the character of his latest creation, Steve says, “We are carrying over a host of performance features and innovations from my SMS Twenty Fifth Anniversary model, which is a stunning performer and an aesthetic beauty!”

The fully-certified and street-legal SMS 460 Mustangs are based on the exciting 2010 Mustang GT platform and will feature an SMS Supercharged 4.6L engine with power ratings from 475 to over 650 horsepower! Both models will feature extensive design refinements and performance innovations, including the patented SMS Red Butterfly Induction™ hood and a full compliment of SMS ultra-high performance components. Look for all-new and upgraded drivetrain, suspension, aerodynamics, tires, wheels and interior.

“The 2010 Mustang already has an exciting and sculptural exterior, as well as new, up-scale interior,” notes Phil Frank, SMS Chief Creative Officer. “The SMS 460 Mustangs will evolve our design DNA in a more aggressive and aerodynamic direction.”

Each of these limited edition vehicles will be hand signed by Steve Saleen as part of the SMS Signature Series product line, complete with unique badges and graphics. Annual production volume will be restricted, adding to the exclusivity of ownership. Contracts are issued on a first-come first-served basis and deposits are now being accepted for early production numbers scheduled for build in the second quarter of 2009.

Interested customers can contact SMS Supercars directly by calling (714) 400-2121 or by logging onto to SMS Supercars - Lifestyle Performance Automobiles.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah!!! more specialty mustangs. I was just thinking the other day how there should be more because 65498462498465154 is just not enough

Seancass

HELLACIOUS
Established Member
Is anybody out there still impressed with 475 hp? "ultra-high performance Mustangs"? yeah right.

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
So.... No more saleen mustangs, or are there going to be both SMS and Saleen? Can't wait for it's debut.

cobraracer46

Banned
Steve Saleen looks really pissed off in that photo!:fm: I'm guessing that some one took a pick of him just before he hopped into on of his SMS mustangs and smashed into an unlucky motorist driving a Saleen Mustang or mabey deep down inside Steve Saleen knows that his new company will go under within a year..:burnout::burn:

bubbrubb

thats great. i mean the new edge mustangs could really use some special edition cars :rolleyes:
lol wut? the 99-04 is the new edge body....

I agree with you that the market will be flooded with specialty cars. I realllly liked the way the 05-09 Saleens looked though, so this is one that I'm looking forward to.

Guido 04

Banned
lol wut? the 99-04 is the new edge body....

I agree with you that the market will be flooded with specialty cars. I realllly liked the way the 05-09 Saleens looked though, so this is one that I'm looking forward to.

yargh. you know whats i means.

saleens always looked good but are we now going to have saleens AND sms cars? bullits, cobra jets, gt500's, roush, blah blah blah. they're all fitted with a "high performance freezing cold air intake system" and "aggressive computer reflash" for another 15k. Or you can go for the 25k "package" with a roots blower. yeehawww.

I dont know, maybe i'm just grumpy today.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
they're all fitted with a "high performance freezing cold air intake system" and "aggressive computer reflash" for another 15k. Or you can go for the 25k "package" with a roots blower. yeehawww.
QUOTE]

aint that the truth!!

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Isn't that company going to cross over and produce more than Stangs??

Can't wait to see a Saleen Accord....:bored:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
:lol: at the Whiney Bitches in this thread.

God forbid more Mustangs get SOLD by Ford and out into the hands of the Public, whether they are V6s, Bullits, Saleens, Roushs, etc.... :nonono:

96supersnake

Established Member
:lol: at the Whiney Bitches in this thread.

God forbid more Mustangs get SOLD by Ford and out into the hands of the Public, whether they are V6s, Bullits, Saleens, Roushs, etc.... :nonono:

Well put!! You don't have to like every S.E. Model or for that matter the 2010, just find one you like and buy it , LOL at all of you.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
He left his CEO position. They basically went under.

Can't wait to see the new Stangs from SMS :rockon:

Yup, I remember them selling off every single leftover piece of machinery and product in their warehouses in CA - some guy bought a pallet of 08 rims and tried selling them on here individually.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Did anyone notice that the wheel on the challenger looks just like the one on the Parnelli Jones car.

Users who are viewing this thread