Steve Saleens new job = SMS Supercars 2010 Mustang

Erick

Established Member
So wtf happend to his other company? Going from Saleen to SMS??? Sounds retarded.

I don't really understand the point behind it either. Why step down from the company you started 25yrs ago and start another company doing the same exact thing?!!!

Am I the only one confused here?

69Mach1351w

Established Member
From what i heard, about Saleen and Steve's relationship with his ex company, the overhead costs were killing Saleen. They were barely selling 1 S7/ month, and the build cost on those cars were killer. Supposedly the board didnt like the way Steve was handling operations, and sort of "recommended" him to step down. Saleen has said in the past that it wasnt only doing Ford model cars/trucks, however until recently, they never really pushed the idea of doing alternate manufactures.

I wonder how his new company, SMS, is going to do. I remember one time, and this is no final judgment of character, when Steve got all up in arms, and refused to sign any more items once a certain "TT-FGT" went out and tried to race thier less-hpTT S7. The end result was the FGT in the lead, and Steve was pissed just because no one told him that the test-drives would eventually turn into a little friendly sprint. Anyways, i just thought id share that little story, doesnt really say anything about Steve, but i dont think that this new SMS company will be able to sell enough cars to stay alive, especially for the outrageous price im sure he is going to ask for them.

Last edited:

Guido 04

Banned
:lol: at the Whiney Bitches in this thread.

God forbid more Mustangs get SOLD by Ford and out into the hands of the Public, whether they are V6s, Bullits, Saleens, Roushs, etc.... :nonono:

good point. why make other cars that people might buy when you can just put vinyl stickers on one that's already selling! :idea:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
What a exciting looking picture and cgi yellow graphics. Is a return of the big cobra on the hood next:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread