STi ticket in Mass

MaSTi

Established Member
Well here's the simple version of my story. I drive a 04 STi obvioulsy....don't know if it makes a differnec or not. Anyway, I was on my way back home from visiting my grandmother in the hospital. Well the ride is about 1hr long give or take. I was one town away from home and this ass in a caviler is on my ass. Now I know the limit was 45, so I was doing 45-50. Nothing crazy or anything, and this guy is on my tail. So, I do the limit, waiting for him to pass me. He never does, so I excellerate to get some cushion. At this point I know I was around 50-55. I just wanted this guy off my tail. So.... I start to give gas and slowly get back to 45. As I did this a crusier goes by. He spins around and takes a while (about .5miles) to pull me over. He then looks my car over and sees I have no front plate. Asks if I knew why he pulled me. I said probably for the plate and 'cause I was a little over the limit. I explaind the guy was riding my tail. He then goes to his car, then comes back with a ticket. No lip or anything else, then says he'll drop the front plate charge and only get me for speeding. It ended up with him writing 61 in a 45. I take the ticket an go. Now here's the problem. I have had a clean record for 3-4 years now. This is the first time I've been pulled for "speeding" in my STi. Next he put that he had a estimate and radar. This is NOT possible, since I have a V1. There was NO radar, so he HAD to be estimating. Now, I will contest this ticket if I can't get it fixed. The question is what to say versus not to say in court. I am looking for tips. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
MaSTi said:
Well here's the simple version of my story. I drive a 04 STi obvioulsy....don't know if it makes a differnec or not. Anyway, I was on my way back home from visiting my grandmother in the hospital. Well the ride is about 1hr long give or take. I was one town away from home and this ass in a caviler is on my ass. Now I know the limit was 45, so I was doing 45-50. Nothing crazy or anything, and this guy is on my tail. So, I do the limit, waiting for him to pass me. He never does, so I excellerate to get some cushion. At this point I know I was around 50-55. I just wanted this guy off my tail. So.... I start to give gas and slowly get back to 45. As I did this a crusier goes by. He spins around and takes a while (about .5miles) to pull me over. He then looks my car over and sees I have no front plate. Asks if I knew why he pulled me. I said probably for the plate and 'cause I was a little over the limit. I explaind the guy was riding my tail. He then goes to his car, then comes back with a ticket. No lip or anything else, then says he'll drop the front plate charge and only get me for speeding. It ended up with him writing 61 in a 45. I take the ticket an go. Now here's the problem. I have had a clean record for 3-4 years now. This is the first time I've been pulled for "speeding" in my STi. Next he put that he had a estimate and radar. This is NOT possible, since I have a V1. There was NO radar, so he HAD to be estimating. Now, I will contest this ticket if I can't get it fixed. The question is what to say versus not to say in court. I am looking for tips. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would fight it. I got a ticket in Boston. I have a clean record (in state) all i did was walk in the magistrate asked me if i would promise to slow down (the court room had about 50 people in it, cab drivers and the such) and i said yes i did. "we wouldn't want you to get hurt and ruin that handsome face she says" and dismissed the charge.

Mind you, it was 67/45 through the new tunnel going southbound.

Users who are viewing this thread