Sticking dragon throttle body

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I guess I just got lucky with mine. It will idle a little high while coasting, then come down to 800-900 once stopped. Literally right after I stop the car the idle drops to that.

Pollardhimself

Established Member
Well I've got the sticking throttle issue and hanging idle to a tolerable level now but I have an error (IDLE AIR CONTROL SYSTEM RPM HIGHER THAN EXPECTED) any idea how to fix this.

Last edited:

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
I had to resand the inner tubing of mine.

My TB was so bad, that with the screw backed all the way out, the TB would shut and lock itself against the inside walls of the TB. Causing the car to stall, and the gas pedal to be stuck because it couldn't force it back open.

So I too the TB apart, pulled the blade out, and started sanding. Now I'm down from a 1200-ish idle to a smooth 750 and lower depending on the set screw.

Would also recommend blocking off the IAC (works even better without it actually) and sanding the TB inside. It'll take a few tries to get it right, but IMO it was a faulty design to begin. Tolerances were way too tight to work right.

Also make sure you polish it back out after sanding or you may still have some issues with the blade catching or hanging on the burrs.

Pollardhimself

Established Member
I had to resand the inner tubing of mine.

My TB was so bad, that with the screw backed all the way out, the TB would shut and lock itself against the inside walls of the TB. Causing the car to stall, and the gas pedal to be stuck because it couldn't force it back open.

So I too the TB apart, pulled the blade out, and started sanding. Now I'm down from a 1200-ish idle to a smooth 750 and lower depending on the set screw.

Would also recommend blocking off the IAC (works even better without it actually) and sanding the TB inside. It'll take a few tries to get it right, but IMO it was a faulty design to begin. Tolerances were way too tight to work right.

Also make sure you polish it back out after sanding or you may still have some issues with the blade catching or hanging on the burrs.

It doesn't stick when the cars off so I was thinking it needs to be re-tuned. Does the vacuum cause it to move a little which causes it to stick? Guess Ill pull it off and sand it as a last ditch effort. Even with my set screw all the way out I'm over a 1000.

Last edited:

silverserpant

Established Member
Unplug your IAC and see what rpm the tb is allowing the car to idle. I set mine up with IAC unplugged and turned the screw until the idles matched between the TB and the plug in IAC . It go trid of my hanging issue aswell. The pcm goes crazy trying to catch up if the Tb is allowing in more or less air then what the pcm wants to run idle at.

silverserpant

Established Member
Also after you get it all set up, unplug your battery and turn the light switch on to drain the memory. Let it sit fo r10 minutes. When you restart the car is will relearn and help with corrections.

Pollardhimself

Established Member
It doesn't stick when the cars off so I was thinking it needs to be re-tuned. Does the vacuum cause it to move a little which causes it to stick? Guess Ill pull it off and sand it as a last ditch effort. Even with my set screw all the way out I'm over a 1000.

Boy this went way bad, I checked the clearance and sanded a little. Now it idles at 2-3 grand I think I took to much off :lol1:. Guess ill send it back to dragon for tweaking and repair.:uh oh: If it doesn't work right after it comes back guess im selling it and trying another brand.

Users who are viewing this thread