Stiegemeier 2013 gt500 wip. Video's,graphs

specizripn

Established Member
Hoping to see some good power gains compared to a 15% OD with stock non-ported blower!
Also, LOOK AT THAT TORQUE CURVE!

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Subscribing.

Very interested to see what a good port will do for these cars.

nix5o

Established Member
Hoping to see some good power gains compared to a 15% OD with stock non-ported blower!
Also, LOOK AT THAT TORQUE CURVE!

X2

Everyone is going to pulley their blower in some way before they go for the port work. So I'm interested in seeing what I can pick up on top of just a pulley and a tune.

VaporDude

Established Member
I can't believe that you can do all that without doing a tune. You would need to tune the car so it knows what to do with all that new air going through it. Also, the air/fuel ratio would need to be adjusted. What octane would you have to run on this setup?

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I can't believe that you can do all that without doing a tune. You would need to tune the car so it knows what to do with all that new air going through it. Also, the air/fuel ratio would need to be adjusted.

x2

91svtbird

Established Member
I can't believe that you can do all that without doing a tune. You would need to tune the car so it knows what to do with all that new air going through it. Also, the air/fuel ratio would need to be adjusted. What octane would you have to run on this setup?

You do not need a tune if all you are doing is porting the blower,lower intake or TB unless you exceed the range of the factory MAF tube/sensor. In the 13' that range is the equivalent to about the 725+ hp range.

Remember that's what the function of the MAF is in a mass air system....to measure the air entering the engine and tell it how much fuel is needed to meet it's target A/F. The o2's are there to make small corrections as needed to maintain that A/F ratio. As long as the meter is within it's range it will have no problem measuring the added air entering the engine.

That said there are other factors to consider when adding more power and torque that would increase when adding a pulley. One of which is are you now exceeding the preset factory torque limits set in the stock tune? Those limits if exceeded would have to be addressed in the tuning parameters if the power/torque limits are exceeded beyond the factory settings otherwise a fail safe could occur. Ford puts those limits in there to protect the engine and preserve it's warranty.

Jroc

Established Member
The comment about poor throttle feel isn't encouraging :(

The electric TB cars are very different than the cable TB cars. Many complain that they are hesitant to respond to throttle input, but the ones I've driven other than maybe the first S197 GT I drove were actually extremely responsive. Besides a good tune is suppose to cure any hesitation problems. The modded GT500 I drove made my modded Terminator look almost unresponsive when in fact a Terminator is pretty responsive to throttle input. It was crazy responsive even as low as 1,800 rpm's.

You will likely be revving the hell out of the motor trying to start the car rolling from a stop until you get use to it as you don't have to give electric TB cars nearly as much throttle as a cable TB car to rev the motor to any given RPM. Really you barely have to give it any throttle to achieve an engine speed to start the car rolling. Even electric TB F150's I've driven are very sensitive to small throttle inputs.

Again many think they are unresponsive with a factory tune though. The stock 2012 GT I drove was very responsive I thought.

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The electric TB cars are very different than the cable TB cars. Many complain that they are hesitant to respond to throttle input, but the ones I've driven other than maybe the first S197 GT I drove were actually extremely responsive. Besides a good tune is suppose to cure any hesitation problems. The modded GT500 I drove made my modded Terminator look almost unresponsive when in fact a Terminator is pretty responsive to throttle input. It was crazy responsive even as low as 1,800 rpm's.

You will likely be revving the hell out of the motor trying to start the car rolling from a stop until you get use to it as you don't have to give electric TB cars nearly as much throttle as a cable TB car to rev the motor to any given RPM. Really you barely have to give it any throttle to achieve an engine speed to start the car rolling. Even electric TB F150's I've driven are very sensitive to small throttle inputs.

Again many think they are unresponsive with a factory tune though. The stock 2012 GT I drove was very responsive I thought.

Good to hear. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Users who are viewing this thread