Stiegemeier Is Not Recommending 4#lower

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Understand totally where you're coming from JB. But, as we both know, there are many different levels of "committment" to this Terminator hobby of ours. There's a lot of money floating around out there now and there's some fellas that would just much rather have someone do the research/work on these cars, than take the time to really learn the do's and dont's. And I can't really say that's a bad thing...To each his own. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money!!!

I agree with both of you on a certain extent on this one.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
stangfreak said:
im keepin my 2.8 upper and 4lb lower.

Same here. I am going to pretend like I never read this thread. There are plenty of veterans and friends on this site and the other site that are enough proof for me. HAPPY MODDING! :thumbsup:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
dougwg said:
Maybe thats because Bob knows the only reason you are posting in this thread is to cast aspersions on his port jobs :dw:

no not really... but if you want to think that go right ahead more power to you. but in his first post he talks about "rotor flex" ie rotor deflection... only way this is going to happion over the stock design is if some how the structe of the housing has been modified. never really been a big fan of ported blowers. most of them up till now (stage 4 torque loss) made good power for the money. but i've always wondered whats going on with the rotors under a hard load. there's a point where the casing still has enough left to it to keep the rotors from flexxing. where that point is i have no idea till i spend some time doing a lay out of the blower and doing a FAE study. if some one would like it done i could do it but right now i just dont have time. but hey what do i know im just a designer doing this shit every day

BWH2003

Established Member
JB said:
I don't work for BilletFlow...just a friend and supporter

and I'll expand on what I said....in general, I can't believe how many people who own these (high-powered) cars that seem to have no common sense, no knowledge of properly maintaining a vehicle, etc

they also want everyone else to do their homework for them and accept as gospel truth what someone says on the Internet

self reliance and self responsibility speak volumes of a man...

And that right there is why we question things on this forum only to get yelled at for posting in someones thread. The whole point of forums is to pass knowledge on and to learn from the experience of others. But if you only have a select group of others and posts that matter are deleted all the time you not going to learn a thing.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
have bob send me a complete blower and ill get to it when i can... id also need the design lay out of the stage 1,2,3 and 4 ports then to compare where your getting the problems. it would take me awhile since i got other shit on my desk but id get to it when i can

dougwg

Established Member
Have Bob send you?

I can't tell him what to do.

Maybe, if you are sincere, you should contact him directly.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Finite Element Analysis? Dang, I just want to get my Stage 4 to 505 rwhp and increase my darn torque sitting at 469...argh. 2.76 and stock lower BTW...lol

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
im not worried about if it does it or not... if he wants it done... he can pm me and ill send him an address. not saying ill have them done any time soon but ill get to them when i can. cant really put off my real work to do that.

Cobra_03

If it dont go, chrome it.
Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
Same here. I am going to pretend like I never read this thread. There are plenty of veterans and friends on this site and the other site that are enough proof for me. HAPPY MODDING! :thumbsup:

03 svtvenom, You running a stage 4 port? Im just shooting for 500/500RW.
Even after reading this thread, im still getting a port!! :rockon:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Cobra_03 said:
03 svtvenom, You running a stage 4 port? Im just shooting for 500/500RW.
Even after reading this thread, im still getting a port!! :rockon:

I got my Stage III Febuary of last year. I wouldnt change a thing! :thumbsup:

WDW MKR

Established Member
This thread is a giant piece of crap. The first post makes a very bold statement that gets everyone in a rile, then every following post has information that slowly softens the message of the first post. Is the 16psig mandate meant to serve as grounds for a voided waranty when someone runs 17psig?

No supporting mods for a ported blower on 15psig? I think there are many customers with high FPDC and pegged MAF that would care to differ.

MAFxtender for 16psig? SCT BA MAF for 17psig? What exactly make 17psig so special that a MAFxtender or MAFia won't do the job?

Fuel mods that make tuning more difficult? So, what are we getting at? That keeping it below 16psig is better because it doesn't require an owner to think through the combo and ensure that all necessary parts are in place and correctly tuned?

I love my Steg IV port. I'm also running a 2.8/4# combo that is not coming off. Why? Because I planned my entire combo and that's what I feel will work with the parts I'm running. I think every Cobra owner needs to do the same.

Last edited:

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
coolcobramatt said:
Finite Element Analysis? Dang, I just want to get my Stage 4 to 505 rwhp and increase my darn torque sitting at 469...argh. 2.76 and stock lower BTW...lol

That tq is terrible. My old cobra made 490tq with stock blower and a 2.8 upper only.

JMD0346

Established Member
I think there's more to this whole story then we are being told. It sounds like someone could be trying to cover their butt. Im probably wrong but it could be.. I dont like to speculate but I dont think we've been left with much choice.

When I read this thread the first thing that popped in my head was " Something went wrong". Then we we really got no explination I thought "Something went wrong and they dont know what or why and we wont hear anymore about it untill they do". The first post seems like an "Oh shit!. Go get online and tell everybody not to run over 16lbs! Quick!!"

Did anyone else leave with that feeling?

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
This post blows. I had decided to port my Eaton and go with the "hot ticket" 2.93/4# combo. I was also going to add a BAP/SCT big air, and new plugs.
Now I am concerned - is this a tuning issue or is their a problem with running the eaton past 16#'s of boost?
Please be more specific.....as from what I have read, a lot of people have ran this combo without problems.

Tide612

Banned
WTF.................I am about to send my blower out for the Steg IV and put a 2.93 on it. I also have the 4lb lower. I think that you have to take alot of things into account. i think that you have to have alot of coooling mods to run high boost. Personally i have the LDC cooling mod, headers, AFCO H/E. I am going to install a BAP, MAFIA, and maybe 60's. These are all that i have for the cooling. I think taht i should be ok with the 2.93 and the 4lb. I was going to run the 2.8 but i thought i was going to find to much heat with that one. When i talked to Bob and Raelyn they both said taht the combo that i was going to run was fine. I think taht something happened and they are trying to cover their butts. Please dont be offended by this i am just making a statement and please bob make a statement and clear this up. there are a ton of people running a 4 lb lower and this needs i think to be taken case by case. Please say something besides the 3 posts that you have in the 7 pages so far. Thanks alot.

Users who are viewing this thread