Stiegemeier Porting Pulley Update....

dynobobstieg

We now offer a 2.45 upper pulley anodized gold, that outspins a 2.93X 4#lower combo by 500 RPM 17.600 versus 18.100 good for 16-17 #s boost. Must use a 100 mm Idler and new belt K080738 Vented front drive shaft recommended above 15#s boost
Oil sight glass and fill drain holes available.

Thank you
Stiegemeier:burnout:
636-949-2275
Stiegemeier Supercharger Porting-Home

Rambro

Established Member
Don't you guys modify the snout to install the pulley? How much for the pulley and the install? And what's the vented snout shaft all about? If the belt slip isn't an issue this sounds like a nice alternative to a lower pulley.

ajt9229

Established Member
What is the smallest pulley recommended for the snake bite with a stock lower? How much boost and HP should be expected with a snake bite and ported stock tb and plenum?

dynobobstieg

Don't you guys modify the snout to install the pulley? How much for the pulley and the install? And what's the vented snout shaft all about? If the belt slip isn't an issue this sounds like a nice alternative to a lower pulley.

Pulley with machining $200.00 at time of porting, or $250.00 without porting.
You need to vent the front drive gear case because it holds as much pressure as boost the seal is rated for approx 15#s boost any thing over you will experience oil misting.
All new Twin screws new Saleens and early Eatons were/are vented. Cobras were built for max 10#s boost. So we have vented shafts and seal support for some situations.

Thank you
STiegemeier

cj428mach

Established Member

Twin screws vent right out the pulley snout. I assume he's saying they modify the eaton to work that way. My whipple has a hole in the center of the bolt in the snout and it vents that way.

mmfp-1204-10+2011-ford-mustang-gt+whipple-supercharger-pulley.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
Do you offer any other sizes? I'd like to get a 2.6 pulley or so but cant find anyone that makes that size anymore. I dont really want a 2.45, seems there would be way too much slip possible.

And what's the venting about? I've never heard of this before and seems this 2.45 wont be any worse than a 2.76/4lb which a lot of people run.

dynobobstieg

Users who are viewing this thread