Stiegemeier Porting Services

Were you satisfied with Stiegemeier's service and support?

• Yes

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St_Evo

Established Member
There have been so many negative threads about their services I figured I would get the truth. This thread is open to anyone who has actually had their blowers ported with Stieg. If the Mods would clear the thread of any opinions or heresay I would appreciate it.

I'll start the format:

St_Evo
Stieg Stg V w/ torque plate.
2.93/4# lower
Tuned @ 519whp/514wtq - 93oct on a DynoJet

Very Happy with the services and support.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Bought my Stage V w/out torque plate from a friend. Called and verified the numbers and port with Stiegemeier. He took time out of his day to help someone who had never paid him a dime.

Stage V
2.76/2#
Dynojet 490/490 on a conservative tune.

Moving to a 4# lower here soon.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I'm pretty happy with my stage 5. Even though I was expecting over 500hp with my combo. Oh well. Maybe when I do my race tune with 100 octane

St_Evo

Established Member
Not a Cobra. But the Stieg ported blower worked great on my 04 Lightning.:rockon:

A friend of mine installed the Snakebite on his '02 Harley truck and it sounds great. Power wise is laid down 427/524. Feels nice..

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
I have a Stag III from then and am very happy with it and the service I got from them. I have had 2 friends that have sent there blowers in and have had great service and products as well.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I've had a stage 4 for a few years now... I love it. Whenever people talk about my cobra, they always talk about that beautiful whine it makes.

Stalker27

Established Member
Bought my Stage V w/out torque plate from a friend. Called and verified the numbers and port with Stiegemeier. He took time out of his day to help someone who had never paid him a dime.

Stage V
2.76/2#
Dynojet 490/490 on a conservative tune.

Moving to a 4# lower here soon.

I din't know you had all that done to your car. Man i don't want to run you anytime soon :beer:

St_Evo

Established Member
I've had a stage 4 for a few years now... I love it. Whenever people talk about my cobra, they always talk about that beautiful whine it makes.
The ported blowers do sound great. Here are a couple videos of the difference between the Stage V and the Snakebite. Both sound great but the Snakebite absolutely screams!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHcS7be08w"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra Steig Stage V Ported Blower Dyno[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onmQuCek_Sg"]YouTube- Harley F150 Snake Bite Eaton Dyno[/ame]

St_Evo

Established Member
All these new unsatisfied Stieg customers but nobody has given a reason why they had bad service. This thread is designed for those people who start threads every weak trying to decide whether or not they should send their blower to Stieg. Please give more details if you are unsatisfied so people will have a fair comparison. I hate it when people give companies bad feedback that they have never personally dealt with.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
In actuality, there are very few folks that have had issues with Steigemeier. But, the occasional problem along with the Stage V scenario will combine to probably skew the results of this poll. This is why customer service and going above and beyond to fix problems, whether real or perceived, is so critical in this era of the internet, to maintain a company's reputation.

AC Mech

Established Member
Mr. Stiegemeier has provided our community with some great products that offer good value and performance. His contribution has been significant.

That being said, I have a stage IV that made 494 with a 2.93 upper. I am satisfied with the product and results however, I was treated poorly(hung up on) during a subsequent phone call. Would I use his services again? No. Why? He fell short in providing courteous/professional support.

The simple fact is many people like myself put alot of emphasis on customer service. Often times it will be the deciding factor in who gets your business. In fairness, it is obvious he has helped many by providing satisfactory support. Unfortunately, I was not one of them.

St_Evo

Established Member
+1. Had one on my 01 Lightning. Had a 6lb lower with a 2.76 upper. It made great power. 440rwhp and 550 tq. Thing screamed.

Wow, that seems like a ton of power for that truck. Nice work.:rockon:

chris1badL

Established Member
lol. I had some cooling mods also but that blower was maxed out. She couldnt do anymore. I ran 7.97 in 1/8th on street tires. With a tire, Im sure she would have rolled out pretty good. I have owned ALOT of cars N/A and blown and I miss the Lightning the most. Beating most street cars in a truck is pricelss. That port was night and day on that truck. You could tell it was instant and it pulled so much harder up top after the steggy port. I thought they did a great job.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Mr. Stiegemeier has provided our community with some great products that offer good value and performance. His contribution has been significant.

That being said, I have a stage IV that made 494 with a 2.93 upper. I am satisfied with the product and results however, I was treated poorly(hung up on) during a subsequent phone call. Would I use his services again? No. Why? He fell short in providing courteous/professional support.

The simple fact is many people like myself put alot of emphasis on customer service. Often times it will be the deciding factor in who gets your business. In fairness, it is obvious he has helped many by providing satisfactory support. Unfortunately, I was not one of them.

This unfortunately seems to be the biggest complaint that I hear about him. You almost never hear that someone is unhappy with the port itself, it's usually just the customer service aspect. As you said, it is often what separates companies that offer similar products. Unfortunately, most of us only hear about the "bad" customer service, because not so many people start threads to brag about good service. I'm sure with the hundreds (or thousands) of blowers he has done, there is a pretty large percentage who received good, and courteous service, but it is the stories like yours that really stand out in people's minds...:nonono:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
lol. I had some cooling mods also but that blower was maxed out. She couldnt do anymore. I ran 7.97 in 1/8th on street tires. With a tire, Im sure she would have rolled out pretty good. I have owned ALOT of cars N/A and blown and I miss the Lightning the most. Beating most street cars in a truck is pricelss. That port was night and day on that truck. You could tell it was instant and it pulled so much harder up top after the steggy port. I thought they did a great job.

x 65,000 My 04 Lightning ran like a raped ape with the Stieg blower.

Beating unsuspecting cars was the best. :burnout::burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread