Still cant get into the 11's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun@AED

2 things IMO:

1. Kdanner is correct, 3.31 or even stock 3.15 gears are a better fit. The ideal situation is to go thru the traps at the top of 3rd gear with a locked converter. Adding another shift physically takes time. Log a WOT run thru the gears and you will see how long each gear change actually takes. Reducing 1 gear change will drop ET's and increase MPH. Same reasoning behind staying in 4th in a manual vs shifting into 5th.

2. I have the spark tables scaled to 1.5 load for use on *other* applications. If the JLT CAI is throwing off the load calcs by even .1 spark can be greatly affected, causing a loss of power. Knock sensors are only allowed to add a little timing as well.
This is why logging post-tune is so important.

Of course, Nick has been 'testing' the new Auto Idle lope tune. Due to the massive amount of revisions I'd sent him I did not request any data logs (I knew the problem ans was testing different solutions). With his latest revision (1 back of the current production Sport Tune) I neglected to request logs... Hell, I forgot to send him the latest update with the newest shift schedule! My fault there. Been pretty busy lately.

Lets get some logs and make sure she's getting full timing/power, then work on gearing.

NickG

Established Member
2 things IMO:

1. Kdanner is correct, 3.31 or even stock 3.15 gears are a better fit. The ideal situation is to go thru the traps at the top of 3rd gear with a locked converter. Adding another shift physically takes time. Log a WOT run thru the gears and you will see how long each gear change actually takes. Reducing 1 gear change will drop ET's and increase MPH. Same reasoning behind staying in 4th in a manual vs shifting into 5th.

2. I have the spark tables scaled to 1.5 load for use on *other* applications. If the JLT CAI is throwing off the load calcs by even .1 spark can be greatly affected, causing a loss of power. Knock sensors are only allowed to add a little timing as well.
This is why logging post-tune is so important.

Of course, Nick has been 'testing' the new Auto Idle lope tune. Due to the massive amount of revisions I'd sent him I did not request any data logs (I knew the problem ans was testing different solutions). With his latest revision (1 back of the current production Sport Tune) I neglected to request logs... Hell, I forgot to send him the latest update with the newest shift schedule! My fault there. Been pretty busy lately.

Lets get some logs and make sure she's getting full timing/power, then work on gearing.

Yeah im gonna try and do some logs this afternoon and well see whats going on.
I still ran better than the last time i was out at the track.

scotmach

Established Member
2 things IMO:

1. Kdanner is correct, 3.31 or even stock 3.15 gears are a better fit. The ideal situation is to go thru the traps at the top of 3rd gear with a locked converter. Adding another shift physically takes time.

I love this advice. And yet there are still many out there that think 3.73's are a better choice and a couple of nudnicks with 4.10's.:rolleyes:

tarheels15

Established Member
the time spent in between shifts is so important. This usually flys right over the top of most people when its right in front of them. It should only take 2 tenths of a second tops for an automatic to shift. 3.73 are the wrong gear also.331 is way better suited for your tire and rpm and holding out the shift. Our automatic coyote runs 11.7 with just intake, muscle motors tune, cat deletes and gt500 exhaust and drag radials.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
the time spent in between shifts is so important. This usually flys right over the top of most people when its right in front of them. It should only take 2 tenths of a second tops for an automatic to shift. 3.73 are the wrong gear also.331 is way better suited for your tire and rpm and holding out the shift. Our automatic coyote runs 11.7 with just intake, muscle motors tune, cat deletes and gt500 exhaust and drag radials.

Please don't reply to a 7 month old thread in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread