Stock 04 Cobra Dyno 111k miles

SteedaX47

Established Member
I made it to the dyno finally today and was a little surprised! I mean... I know that numbers are numbers... blah blah blah so don't come at me with that lol.

The car has 111k miles on it and has a K&N filter with a MagnaFlow cat back. Those are the only "mods" if you want to call them that lol. Car made 443whp and 415wtq SAE. Uncorrected was 378whp in Denver's air.

I was hoping for only 360-380 SAE!

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the results :banana:, although the car just needs so much more power cause it's a heavy pig!

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I think that Dyno was a little too "Happy", don't mean to burst your dreams but that's not accurate.

SteedaX47

Established Member
I think that Dyno was a little too "Happy", don't mean to burst your dreams but that's not accurate.

I mean, I would agree with you normally but on the same dyno, there were quite a few other cars that were right where they should be. No way was it all of a sudden out of whack for mine.

b_dike

Established Member
My 04 dyno'd at 401 I'm 39 degree weather
I took to to another dyno to double check if it was all stock it put down 390 I'm not sure if it had a tune or not
I ran 12.4 with tire at Cecil county

That's not even close to the op's 440, so where else have you seen a stock pulley eaton put down more than op's car.

I have to agree with everyone else op. The dyno or the tech was off, but I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it. They're just numbers, it's more about how strong it feels. :beer:

99BlownVert

Established Member
OP your car made pullied power I agree with the others, your uncorrected number sounds like it should be the corrected number.

SteedaX47

Established Member
Meh lol. Im with all of you, cause that same day a pullied one put down 447. But like I said to other guy, every other car was right when I expected them to be. Either way though, at least I have a baseline. Thats the only reason I went.

Maybe I can check on a different for the hell of it, but well see what I put down with a 2.76 only as thats what I have waiting to go on..

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Was this with a tune? You and the pullied car should have done a quick highway pull, that would have told the story. I think my car did 390 with just a cat-back, then 459 with mods in sig on the same dyno, just about as expected.

SteedaX47

Established Member
Was this with a tune? You and the pullied car should have done a quick highway pull, that would have told the story. I think my car did 390 with just a cat-back, then 459 with mods in sig on the same dyno, just about as expected.

We ran at bandimere speedway together and trapped almost identical. that was when both of us had bad IC pumps though. I had replaced mine before the dyno day and I thought he did to but I was just informed that his pump is still bad so... idk lol. id like to do a highway pull with him actually but ive been out of that scene for a little while. lol doesn't look too good when you work for a driving school

we will rematch again at bandimere before I go pullied so well see.

SteedaX47

Established Member
he doesn't know if his is officially tuned but he was running 14:1 afrs!!! so I don't think he was tuned or very well if he was lol.

to my knowledge mine is not tuned, just what I had listed from the previous owner.

gearhead08

Established Member
I am going with this. If your not original owner i bet your car is already pullied. If you still have cover take it off and measure the pulley. Even if you do not have pulley cover. Then there is more of a chance that it was changed out i bet. Measure it!!! I BET you have smaller pulley and did not know it.

gt347mustang

Established Member
The dyno or the tech was off, but I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it. They're just numbers, it's more about how strong it feels. :beer:

I'm with this guy! It was prolly the dyno operator, or maybe even the driver! Haha! Somebody must have entered the +50 horsepower password during the pass.

Anyways, your car put down what it put down. Corection factor is always a hot topic when dynoing a car in Colorado. The uncorrected number is right(awaiting all the haters to say the calibration is off LOL).

The pullied car was tuned in Cali, and the tune was off for our elevation. Also, his ic pump was not flowing very well and we had to hit it with a hammer to start it up. Both cars were iced prior to the dyno passes.

SteedaX47

Established Member
I am going with this. If your not original owner i bet your car is already pullied. If you still have cover take it off and measure the pulley. Even if you do not have pulley cover. Then there is more of a chance that it was changed out i bet. Measure it!!! I BET you have smaller pulley and did not know it.

I already have measured it lol, I made sure before I bought the car that it was what the owner had said. 3.65 inch pulley, no indent in the center indicating it had been removed before, 8.5 psi lol. Its not pullied I promise!

SteedaX47

Established Member
Im with this guy! It was prolly the dyno operator, or maybe even the driver! Haha! Somebody must have entered the +50 horsepower password during the pass.

Lmao, I did the cheat code mid pull, up down left right, right left down up. Surprised others didnt know about that!

Anyways, your car put down what it put down. Corection factor is always a hot topic when dynoing a car in Colorado. The uncorrected number is right(awaiting all the haters to say the calibration is off LOL).

Yes, exactly. I know now wha im starting at

The pullied car was tuned in Cali, and the tune was off for our elevation. Also, his ic pump was not flowing very well and we had to hit it with a hammer to start it up. Both cars were iced prior to the dyno passes.

I didnt realize it ran during the pull, lol good, didnt want a nitrous camaro to start off the day!

Users who are viewing this thread