Stock 07 Z06 runs 11.6 @ 122

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Went to PIR Saturday night and a guy I know who recently bought a new Z06 was breaking it in properly. I'm not sure what his best of the night was but I got him on video running an 11.6. I'll post the video later this week. He said he was able to run an 11.4 on Friday night but the track gave him a warning so he was only running with the traction control on afterwards. He also has a base 07 Corvette and was able to get it down to 12.3 @ 117 bone stock.

Video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=gR4nizGmrXg

P.S. I'm able to run pretty close to his base vette, but after seeing his Z06 run, my wife said I should go ahead and get a Whipple.

Last edited:

dirty bird

Cant afford a terminator!
Established Member
That is crazy. a stock car, under 85k running under 12 seconds in a 1/4 mile n/a. when the ss corvette or whatever they are gonna call it comes out, all of the supercar makers are gonna have to go to the drawing boards! it should easily run in the mid tens with some slicks if the drivetrain will hold. im sure it will though.

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
On D/R's I'm sure he could run 10's; and I think he trapped 125-126 on his 12.4 run. As for his driving... he can usually get 1.8-1.9 60's out of just about any car he drives on stock tires while running times most people would call B.S. on (he goes through about 2-3 cars a year and is constantly running through the gears on the street and at the track).

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i still think its 11.2 stock. and close to 10.7 stock with dr.

Ahhhhhh... The D/R's and street tires arguement... LOL

I say that any car that can get into mid 11's right off of the showroom floor can dip into the 10's without much more effort; D/R's, bolt-on's, practice, etc...

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
my neighbor has an 06 Zo6 and he said he went 11.7 on stock tires with just an exhaust...that was before he got his built motor put in, now it puts down 640 to the wheels...

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
you dont need a whipple to wax is base vette all you need is a upper pulley and he is toast. you will need a whipple to run with the Z tho

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
some damnd good times for any stock car. the new z is such a badass. the only thing that sux is that the parts cost so much. i still wouldnt mind having one, or even a c5 z, those things kick ass too.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
You don't necessarily need a whipple either. A little weight reduction and a properly tuned upper/lower bolt on eaton can outrun them, but you can't be scared to drive the piss out of it. Still the Z-06 has to be one of the best bang for the buck cars of all time. They are nasty.

bonestocksvt

Established Member
I have a friend that runs ran 11.20 with DR's. Ranger ran 10.85 with Dr's on a bonestock c6.

bonestocksvt

Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
You don't necessarily need a whipple either. A little weight reduction and a properly tuned upper/lower bolt on eaton can outrun them, but you can't be scared to drive the piss out of it. Still the Z-06 has to be one of the best bang for the buck cars of all time. They are nasty.
I don't think that you know what your talking about if you think a properly tuned Heaton can outrun a c6 z06. Nothing personal, but thats not possible unless the vette is parked.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
I don't think that you know what your talking about if you think a properly tuned Heaton can outrun a c6 z06. Nothing personal, but thats not possible unless the vette is parked.
Notice he said with some weight reduction - it is very possible. Shed ~200 lbs off of the Cobra and give it ~510 RWHP and it will be a bit faster than a C6 Z. It takes a full weight Cobra ~530 RWHP to run even with a C6 Z.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
+1 a Pulley and ported Eaton can't touch a C6 Z06.
It takes a little more then that.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
mattmoto441 said:
you dont need a whipple to wax is base vette all you need is a upper pulley and he is toast. you will need a whipple to run with the Z tho
Base vette or C6 Z06?
I beat a C6 Z06 with my set-up by a rear qp.
No I take that back. Two C6's.Why do folks bow down to those cars. I love my funky looking Mustang.
There are a few of those cars here. Sure, it would desrtoy me on a road course, not!
Last November I was dogging a C6 Z06 on a road course. The gold chained ass would block the turns. Also he refused to give me the pass by.
What an ass. Guess the gold chains blinded his vision.
Driver mod?

Last edited:

bonestocksvt

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
Notice he said with some weight reduction - it is very possible. Shed ~200 lbs off of the Cobra and give it ~510 RWHP and it will be a bit faster than a C6 Z. It takes a full weight Cobra ~530 RWHP to run even with a C6 Z.
yes I did notice and I still don't believe it's possible to outrun a properly driven z06 with both cars on factory tires. The only chance in hell a heaton cobra has is a very well tuned suspension with slicks in the 1/4 and a 1.4-1.5 60'. Thats about as possible as it gets. In any other situation is a wrap for the cobra. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cobra, but it's no match for z..

Users who are viewing this thread