Stock 07 Z06 runs 11.6 @ 122

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
CPViolation said:
+1 a Pulley and ported Eaton can't touch a C6 Z06.
It takes a little more then that.

He said with a little weight reduction..Look at his sig, he trapped 129mph with a unported eaton and weight reduction. A ported & pullied Cobra with 200lbs of weight reduction is a easy 10 second car @ 130mph+. :)

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
SBo3 said:
He said with a little weight reduction..Look at his sig, he trapped 129mph with a unported eaton and weight reduction. A ported & pullied Cobra with 200lbs of weight reduction is a easy 10 second car @ 130mph+. :)

I concur. People underestimate the power of weight reduction...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
yes I did notice and I still don't believe it's possible to outrun a properly driven z06 with both cars on factory tires.

Who would run factory tires on a modified 500rwhp+ Cobra? :dw: I agree that a C6Z would crush a modded Cobra on factory tires, but IMO it's a pretty pointless comparison.

Last edited:

bonestocksvt

Established Member
SBo3 said:
Yes, and a stock c6 with slicks it's also a 10 sec car at 130+ Hell, some run 11's at 130+. Either way, 1/4 mile is the only chance, like I stated before, in any other situation the cobra will go nite nite.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
Yes, and a stock c6 with slicks it's also a 10 sec car at 130+ Hell, some run 11's at 130+. Either way, 1/4 mile is the only chance, like I stated before, in any other situation the cobra will go nite nite.

Your numbers are off..Ranger once ran a 10.85@129mph with smaller rear wheels & tires in NEGATIVE DA conditions. That's not the norm at all, to say a stock Z06 is a 130mph+ car is :bs: . Please post a link to a bone stock Z06 that traps 130mph+.

I'm not going keep bench racing, but a cobra with weight reduction is a totally different animal. ;-)

Last edited:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
They are damn close to 130 in the 1/4, the modded ones I listed eariler. Me personally have killed 2 modded Zo6's. Right now I make about 580-590 to the wheel, raced the same car two times in a row, first time by a car and a half, the second by half a car. heat soak is a bitch...

bonestocksvt

Established Member
SBo3 said:
Your numbers are off..Ranger once ran a 10.85@129mph with smaller rear wheels & tires in NEGATIVE DA conditions. That's not the norm at all, to say a stock Z06 is a 130mph+ car is :bs: .

I'm not going keep bench racing, but a cobra with weight reduction is a totally different animal. ;-)
I dont know what the hell your talking about, because I didnt say Ranger ran 130+, read again. Either way, you can't beat sense into dead wood and since you probably own a Cobra, your most likely biased and can't see beyond that. A reasonable reply would have been, "yes, you are right, but the vette is almost an 80k car compare to my 32k SVT". :beer: :loser:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
I dont know what the hell your talking about, because I didnt say Ranger ran 130+, read again. Either way, you can't beat sense into dead wood and since you probably own a Cobra, your most likely biased and can't see beyond that. A reasonable reply would have been, "yes, you are right, but the vette is almost an 80k car compare to my 32k SVT". :beer: :loser:

Post a link to a 130mph+ stock z06..:lol: I'm sure the boys on the Corvette forums would like to know, that would be a new record..:read:

That's right I own a 03 Cobra, you don't own a Z06 or a Cobra..:bored: I said with weight reduction a Cobra is a different animal, I never said anything about the price of the two cars or how they compare. You brought all those retarded comments into this thread all on your own.

So lets recap.. According to you, stock Z06s are 130mph+ cars; and weight reduction in a Cobra won't change the outcome. (the main reason why Cobras are handicapped in the first place). I guess I'm biased for disagreeing with all your great info.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
bonestocksvt, your name must be Thomas as in "Doubting Thomas". Need to stick your fingers in the holes on Jesus hands do you? If you can get any stock Z in my area to run me either from a roll or from the dig I will prove to you it can and will be done. There is always someone who does more with less. Don't hate, I outrun alot of whipples and kb cars as well with far less power than they make. Weight reduction and kick ass driving is the key. I don't waste the hp. BTW, the times in my sig since the ported blower are not clean passes. They both had problems, the latter being a severly hurt motor from a previous pass. This car will be in the 10.50s soon with no nitrous at 130+.

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
To illustrate how much weight affects the outcome of a run -

C6 Z (stock) Vs. Me @ 516 RWHP - both cars with passengers of close to equal weight = Z ahead by ~1.5 cars consistently

Take the passenger (~160 lbs) out of my car and it is dead even from 50-140 and 60-150.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Steeda30 said:
To illustrate how much weight affects the outcome of a run -

C6 Z (stock) Vs. Me @ 516 RWHP - both cars with passengers of close to equal weight = Z ahead by ~1.5 cars consistently

Take the passenger (~160 lbs) out of my car and it is dead even from 50-140 and 60-150.
Does 100lbs really = 1/10 off the 1320 times?
If the Cobra weighed 3130 like the vette.... Hmmmm
:read:
Jeff

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
CPViolation said:
Does 100lbs really = 1/10 off the 1320 times?
If the Cobra weighed 3130 like the vette.... Hmmmm
:read:
Jeff
Have you ever seen what Almo's cobra runs. It is unpullied, unported and no nitrous and runs 11.0s at 127. I think he's just under 3100lbs or somewhere around that.

bonestocksvt

Established Member
SBo3 said:
Post a link to a 130mph+ stock z06..:lol: I'm sure the boys on the Corvette forums would like to know, that would be a new record..:read:

That's right I own a 03 Cobra, you don't own a Z06 or a Cobra..:bored: I said with weight reduction a Cobra is a different animal, I never said anything about the price of the two cars or how they compare. You brought all those retarded comments into this thread all on your own.

So lets recap.. According to you, stock Z06s are 130mph+ cars; and weight reduction in a Cobra won't change the outcome. (the main reason why Cobras are handicapped in the first place). I guess I'm biased for disagreeing with all your great info.
Your just focking pissed that you can't hang with one. Give it up bud, z's are in a class of their own. My money is on the z all day long. BTW whats really retarded is trying to compare your outclassed 25k car with a 76k vette. I rest my case.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Have you ever seen what Almo's cobra runs. It is unpullied, unported and no nitrous and runs 11.0s at 127. I think he's just under 3100lbs or somewhere around that.
Nice, I'll try to find a link to have a look at it.
Thanks
Jeff

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
Your just focking pissed that you can't hang with one. Give it up bud, z's are in a class of their own. My money is on the z all day long. BTW whats really retarded is trying to compare your outclassed 25k car with a 76k vette. I rest my case.
What?:shrug:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
bonestocksvt said:

Wow outclassed. I have a perfect picture for you. Money doesnt make a car.

VETTES-1.jpg

Almo

Established Member
bonestocksvt said:
I have a friend that runs ran 11.20 with DR's. Ranger ran 10.85 with Dr's on a bonestock c6.

10.85 with DRs on a bonestock C6 Z... not a bonestock C6!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread