Stock '12 5.0 vs LS2 C6 Surprised by the Outcome

DKrazyKracker32

Established Member
Not Stock '12 5.0 vs LS2 C6 Surprised by the Outcome

What's up yall? I'm not the greatest story teller so bear with me.
I was heading to a fancy restaurant down in Mexico for a father's day dinner when I came up on a blacked out c6 with a sweet cloth bra flapping in the wind. I continued on my way only to notice the c6 jumping in behind me. It pulled up next to me and I noticed it was two younger guys. I shrugged thinking I would get beat but they didn't go for it so I took off, not wanting to be late. I noticed them jumping in behind me and keeping my speed so I figured what the hell and jumped on it and proceeded to walk away.
I caught my exit and looped around to the restaurant when the vette rolled up next to me asking "What've you got in that thing?" I replied "It's stock." They asked if I wanted to go again on 3 and I figured I was already late so I asked where, they replied "On the highway," so we jumped back on and slowed to a 40 roll. I dropped down to 2nd and he started the honk. I got the jump and immediately pulled a fender, and by the time I let off in 5th (around 130) I had a solid three cars on him.
They pulled back up asking if I was stock again and I replied "Yeah just axle backs (pypes axle backs) Is that an ls2 or 3?" The passenger responded by counting to three and by the time I dropped down to 3rd he was in it and had me at his rear bumper. I still managed to reel past him and had him by about half a car when I shut down shifting into 5th.
I ended up finding out it was an ls2 and they responded saying my car is a beast. I told them thanks and was on my way.
Needless to say, I was very surprised by the outcome. I figured I could hang with one, but didn't expect to walk on one. It almost sounded like it was straight piped, otherwise I would guess it was stock. Did I just beat the driver or does this sound about right?
I'm just blown away because my car runs dead nuts even with my buddies 05 GTO with headers back, intake and tune, so I figured same engine in a lighter car should've walked away from me.
My car is a 12 GT premium, standard (obviously) with 3.31s and pype bomb muffler deletes.

Last edited:

lafeva

Established Member
good stuff! exhausts really wake those gto's up and he may have the driver mod, but either way nice kill with the vette!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I guess your carrying on the fox body definition of stock.. yeah it stock, except the crap I have done to it..

and I can see you beating a LS2 C6, they area a mid 12's@ mid teens trap speeds..

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Awesome kill man...had a similar experiance in my 12 also

Careful with the ls3 tho!

Btw I'm in SA...do you go to any of the meets?

DKrazyKracker32

Established Member
good stuff! exhausts really wake those gto's up and he may have the driver mod, but either way nice kill with the vette!

Thanks, I figured we should be pretty close. From a dig I destroy the gto because all he does is spin but from a roll we're even. Should I be pulling him?

I guess your carrying on the fox body definition of stock.. yeah it stock, except the crap I have done to it..

C'mon man, axle backs do little to nothing besides add sound on these cars, which is why I still consider it stock. Plus they could hear and see that the tips (black) aren't stock.
Awesome kill man...had a similar experiance in my 12 also

Careful with the ls3 tho!

Btw I'm in SA...do you go to any of the meets?

Thanks man. And I try but it's been difficult lately with work getting busy due to summertime. I generally try to head out to genghis on and occasionally biffs on fridays.

You def beat the driver but good kill.

Thanks man.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I don't know if it is true but i heard the goats had zo6 gearing over the regular corvettes, that's how they roll out for being on the heavier side of the scale. Good kill, ls2 vettes are no slouches.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. I have yet to race anyone. What till you install and CAI and get a tune on the 5.0, they really come alive then.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
An LS2 GTO with headers, intake, etc is going to be faster than a stock LS2 C6 with two people in it. Good Kill.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
C'mon man, axle backs do little to nothing besides add sound on these cars, which is why I still consider it stock. Plus they could hear and see that the tips (black) aren't stock.

if you've done something to it, IT'S NOT STOCK!!! stock means that it's the same way it came from the factory.. "it's stock except for drag radials" "it's stock except for exhaust" "it's stock except for this that hither and yawn"

you can say slightly modified, but NOT STOCK!!!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I say BS...there are no fancy restaurants in Mexico...JK...

Nice Kill but the Vette could have done without the passenger....I think he walks you without the extra weight and a better driver but who knows?

Thanks for posting without the all the 5.0 hype that seems to accompany every 5.0 owners post here. To me like previously said...stock is stock so even an axleback makes you no longer stock.

"stock except for axleback" comment works for me

Last edited:

DKrazyKracker32

Established Member
Alright guys, I changed the title. Better? Lol and I figured I'd beaten the driver but it still brightened my day.
And as far as all the 5.0 hype, I can't stand the holier then though attitude from any car owners. I'm a car guy and have owned everything from a Trans Am with a cammed LQ4 to a Turbocharged Silverado, to a Wrx and Mazdaspeed Protege. If it's fun to drive, I can respect it. The whole bickering between what is the best mustang is ridiculous. I actually almost bought a pullied 03 from a dealer before the 5.0 but something about it just didn't feel right to me.
Anyway, long live the Mustang. And my shit is definitely NOT stock lol

Last edited:

ramstein

Established Member
Nice kill. I have yet to race anyone. What till you install and CAI and get a tune on the 5.0, they really come alive then.

I was under impression from reading on 5.0 section that Cold Air intakes don't add any power. :shrug:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
bolt-on ls2 vette vs my bolt-on 12 5.0 was no contest at the dragstrip. Granted he had tires and I was on regular radials but he was running 11.5s at 122 vs my 12.3-12.4 at 116-117. We raced twice with the same result...even if i had tires and suspension i'm not beating a 122mph car.

Users who are viewing this thread