stock 3.27 gears?

svt_cobra01

Established Member
the guy i bought my car from said it was stock, but the gears dont seem like there the 3.27 like a stock 01 cobra has. ive been in my share of mustangs, and need help with this, without taking my rear end apart ehat gears are in my car. in 5th gear going 70 the rpm's are exactly at 2 grand?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
My GT has the same trans and 3.27 and that's the approximately the same rpm/mph I see too.

west08

Established Member
Its been since November the last time I drove my car, but I wanna say that I am at 2,000 rpm around 75-80. I know that 5th gear is basically useless until I am going at least 55-60.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
You can get a pretty good confirmation in your garage/driveway without ever having to crack the rear diff OP. Simply jack up the rear end, spin one of the wheels with your hands (slowly) once around while counting the number of times the driveshaft turns.

Watching the driveshaft (affix a piece of blue painter's tape or other marker) spin roughly 3.25 times around would confirm that your 2001 snake has the factory 3.27 axle ratio in the rear end. :)

Users who are viewing this thread