Stock block rated to 1100 HP?

thebestofindica

Established Member
I had a gentleman tell me recently that the stock terminator block is rated to 1100 HP. Is this possible? I thought it was more like 550HP pretty reliably.

Also, will a 76mm turbo on a terminator net you 900 HP? I wanted to raise the b.s. flag, but I wasn't 100% positive. Thanks

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
thebestofindica said:
I had a gentleman tell me recently that the stock terminator block is rated to 1100 HP. Is this possible? I thought it was more like 550HP pretty reliably.

Also, will a 76mm turbo on a terminator net you 900 HP? I wanted to raise the b.s. flag, but I wasn't 100% positive. Thanks

The block (iron thing with holes in it) will hold 1100hp if filled with components that are suitable, better rods and pistons.
The stock shortblock will usually hold about 575 with a SC. They have held 850 with a turbo so far

900rwhp is possible on a 281 4v dohc with a single T76.

place BS flag back in storage bro.

thebestofindica

Established Member
postban said:
The block (iron thing with holes in it) will hold 1100hp if filled with components that are suitable, better rods and pistons.
The stock shortblock will usually hold about 575 with a SC. They have held 850 with a turbo so far

900rwhp is possible on a 281 4v dohc with a single T76.

place BS flag back in storage bro.

Let me clear this up a bit. I was told that the stock block and all stock internals will withstand 1100HP. Also, the 76mm turbo was put on a car that was never tuned. I'm not trying to ask a dumb question, just trying to get things straight, that's all.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
thebestofindica said:
Let me clear this up a bit. I was told that the stock block and all stock internals will withstand 1100HP. Also, the 76mm turbo was put on a car that was never tuned. I'm not trying to ask a dumb question, just trying to get things straight, that's all.

YES! it will.... but for how long?.... maybe only a few seconds, maybe a bit more.

Think of it this way....

remember when the Chevy 350 put out 350hp... that was a lot at 1:1

Now your talking about a factory 281 putting out 1:3.9145907473309608540925266903915

That nearly 4 times the cu inch in Hp

What does common sense tell you?

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Common sense is at a significant disadvantage here; this calls for materials science. What postban says is correct. With the right internals and power adder, you can do it.

Emil

Established Member
It depends how you do it. If you generate 1100hp with a s/c you lose about 200hp?(wild guess) driving the s/c so you would net only :) 900hp. With turbos since they are not driven by the crank you would not have the 200hp? loss internally so you could get that extra hp out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think that anyone would be serious about trying to make 1,100 hp or anything close to that with stock internals. Never gonna happen. No one would be that foolish. So they're going to insure that the internals are up to the task at hand. So IMO it doesn't matter what anyone says about the stock block being able to handle 900 or 1,100 hp because no one is going to try it. If they do, they will be looking at a rebuild in a relatively short period of time. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread