stock blower

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
I know this may or may not seem important to some but it does me! how loud is the blower on a GT500 compared to a 03/04 cobra? the reason i ask is because they don't seem as loud. I love the loud whine that superchager gives off! so guys let me know! thanx:coolman:

bubbrubb

I'd image that you're right by saying that the lower on a gt500 is not loud in comparison because of the fact that most of the cobras are running more than the 9psi that the gt500 runs from the factory. Give it some time for people to bring out more boost & they will scream (I hope!!) :D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Cobrakid2006 said:
come on now someone with a GT500 has to have went into boost.....so how does it sound and compare?

All or at least most of the Terms I have heard have been at the track and are running pullies. So they are louder.

The GT500 does not have an obnoxious sounding S/C if that's what you're asking. Once the intake muffler comes off of this thing I'm sure I'll hear more intake and possibly match the noise level of the whine?

This is my first huffed car so I'm not the best person to ask. Dave would be a much better candidate as he's had a Term before the GT500 he now has.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
I own both!

I have both an 03 Cobra and 07 GT500. Right now the 03 is stock except for JBA headers and FM CatBack. The GT500 is bone stock. Both cars have stock airboxes and paper airfilters. Driving the GT500 I commented to my buddy how quiet the blower seemed compared to the 03 Cobra and he agreed. So I took the 03 Cobra out for a drive, because it has been sitting and it has a louder blower whine with the same boost as the GT500.

Also the 03 Cobra motor in general, makes more mechanical noise than the GT500 motor. I wonder how much the 5w-50 syn oil in the 5.4 plays into that?

The blower in the GT500 is a new generation Eaton Roots type blower, that is claimed to be 15% more efficient than the 03 Cobra Eaton. There doesn't seem to be as much heat soak with the 5.4 motor IMO

One of the big things I love about my Terminator is that whine, but the Shelby feels so good.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
the gt500's motor is very quiet and docile compared to the cobra which was loud and made all kinds of noises.

As for blower sound, with both cars stock everything with the stock airbox, the gt500 is a tad bit louder.

With a cai on the terminator it was a lot louder than the gt500...with the KB pushing 19psi it was a whole lot louder. lol

Users who are viewing this thread