Stock boost gauge not reading accurately

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Guys,

Have my new to me '03 and I have my 2nd problem (1st was the transportation company scratched the bumper).

Friday I went WOT or at least punched it and heard a pop. Scared me and I thought the worst!!! Car seems fine except for the boost gauge. Now under throttle it jumps 1/2 way or 3/4 up the gauge then drops to 0. My guess is that I split a vacuum line?

Car is stock except for cat back and has 22,000 miles, has been driven less than 2,000 miles in the last 2 years. I have driven it 20o in the last 2 weeks. It was in Illinois and now its in 108 degree weather here in AZ. I could not hear the whine before and still can't (Basanni cat back and no CIA).

Is my diagnosis correct?

thanks,
Kevin

MG0h3

Established Member
Possibly. Open the glove box and drop it down so you can access the hose. There is a connection there that may have popped.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

KevinsVertTerminator

Established Member
Possibly. Open the glove box and drop it down so you can access the hose. There is a connection there that may have popped.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
It sounded like it came from under the hood. But I will definitely start there when I pick it up today or tomorrow. It's currently at the body shop having that 1st issue addressed.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Could be the hose or even the bypass valve popped. Although I would think if it were the bypass it would never hit boost at all.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
check the oil and fluids for piece of mind. Definitely sounds like a vacuum related issue. Anything major and the car wouldn't run at all or there would be a noticeable problem.
what are the mods?

Users who are viewing this thread