Stock Coyote Intake manifold porting ???

HrsePwr

Established Member
hi I apologize but I searched and did not find the thread.
I believe Shaun from AED gained 8whp across , by porting the stock Coyote intake manifold ?
I bought a stock tb and intake manifold. I have a guy that will bore the stock tb to 85mm. Now I’m looking at what to do to the stock manifold.

I’ve been warned that doing “ too much “ can actually loose whp/wtq.

Shaun if you see this please PM me.

Thanks,

96gt02

Established Member
Im pretty sure you can only get the stock intake to about 84ish MM with retaining the stock gasket and not having to glue your TB on. And yeah you will gain around 10 HP by having it done. IMO opinion you should just get Boss or 18 and have them ported for some real gains for fairly cheap and then when you get bored with that you can go ported cobra jet for the ultimate setup.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So ur gonna remove the whole intake, have it ported then re-install for 8 HP? I guess every little bit helps....

HrsePwr

Established Member
Yes I will eventually do the boss / cobra ported setup but for now I want to do the stock 5.0 manifold / tb. Does anyone have the link to Shaun AED’s manifold work ?

I don’t want to do too much to it and loose power.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bret Barber is the man to get with when it comes to manifold porting for the modular mustang community, you can find him pretty easily on the fb pages. I have a boss manifold ported by him, and I really didn't feel any seat of the pants tq loss with the switch, and it just pulls like a freight train up top.

Users who are viewing this thread