stock dyno

adonis

Established Member
I finally got around to getting my car dyno'ed. I'm about to start mod'ing and I wanted a baseline run. Best pull 390.1/372.8. Average on three consecutive pulls 384.9/372.3. I was a little surprised since I was expecting 360ish rwhp. The car has about 10k miles on it. Air temp was in the 40's. Car was hot but had been sitting about 30 to 45 minutes before getting put on the dyno.

*large image warning*
http://nanosleep.dyndns.org/mustang/cobra/03cobraStockDyno.jpg

bunk22

Established Member
IMO, that's an impressive stock dyno. The 390 run was achevied with the spike at the end but would still been low-mid 380's for peak power. Torque looks great as well. Did you have any mods like a K&N or is it stock down to the paper filter?

KDog

Established Member
Have you done anything to impact your A/F ratio? Predator? Your curve is a bit leaner than my stock dyno. Mine was at 11:1 already at 4200 rpms, where yours doesn't appear to hit until mid 5K range. Your HP and TQ curves look almost identical to mine, except I hit 360 max rwhp. Nice numbers! :beer:

sonic cobra

Established Member
Great dino #'s. Mine dyno'd at 385.9/377.3 stock down to the paper air filter. I think most of the guys who dino in the 360's usually have less than 2000 miles on the clock. I had 4000 miles on mine and I think the extra break in helped us both. As far as the mods go, I added catback and aircharger went to 430/388 STD. Next mods must be traction related!Good Luck!

KDog

Established Member
Originally posted by sonic cobra
... I think most of the guys who dino in the 360's usually have less than 2000 miles on the clock. ...

I had over 4000 at the time...

adonis

Established Member
Originally posted by KDog
Have you done anything to impact your A/F ratio? Predator? Your curve is a bit leaner than my stock dyno. Mine was at 11:1 already at 4200 rpms, where yours doesn't appear to hit until mid 5K range. Your HP and TQ curves look almost identical to mine, except I hit 360 max rwhp. Nice numbers! :beer:

I have used the predator on the car before the dyno, but the stock tune was replaced before dyno'ing. I also had the air silencer removed, but it was put back in a good 500 miles before the dyno.

Also the A/F was done with a tailpipe sniffer (after cats). I wasn't too interested in the A/F on the stock tune since I'll be doing a custom tune soon.

Last edited:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Sounds so close to mine also I pulled a 385.4 rwhp 373rwtq but it was a 90 degree day and engine was hot that was bone stock down to the exhaust and air cleaner.

code was YDH1

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Defintely a nice set of numbers. Actually the highest I've seen yet here. :beer:

davidmax

Established Member
I did 360ish in the hot AZ. summer with under 100 miles,Dave S.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by davidmax
I did 360ish in the hot AZ. summer with under 100 miles,Dave S.
Many mods ago. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread