Stock Eaton porting???

4.6mustang5.0

ModularFive.ohohoh
Established Member
just picked up a 03 cobra over the weekend, it has a few mods that are listed in the sig

i was wonder what porting a stock blower would do? what increase would i see and is it worth it?

along with porting heads im sure i gotta watch out who ports my blower, any idea what company has a good name?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Posi and Steigmeir seem to be the two choices. What are you overall power goals? Personally I'd take the money you'll spend on a port and put it towards a twin screw. That's where most people end up in the long run.

2highpsi

Established Member
From what I've read a port would be a good idea anyways running a 2.76 pulley due to heat reduction.

There are plenty of 500 cars running a ported Eaton. Just depends on once you hit 500 if you think you will want 550, then 600, etc.
If that is you, save time and money and go TS

4.6mustang5.0

ModularFive.ohohoh
Established Member
well coming from a whole 240 rwhp 2v to the 450rwhp cobra feels amazing, not needing 500 yet, just getting ideas so i can start saving and have a plan..

cbr repsol

Established Member
Posi and Steigmeir seem to be the two choices. What are you overall power goals? Personally I'd take the money you'll spend on a port and put it towards a twin screw. That's where most people end up in the long run.

i vote posi for porting

If u can be patient a guy just let go a polished kb 2.2 for 2200.00

I got my whipple 2.3 for 2150.00 shipped

No regrets with my twinscrew!nothing like bolting on 552rwhp on pump 91 octane.

Last edited:

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I have a POSI Ported on the DSG....worth at least 50 rwhp! ...we'll see what it does at the track soon enough!

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
try finding a KB 2.2-----definately meet your moderate 500's with one hell of a whine. i'm waiting for a Whipple 3.4L Crusher which is coming very soon.........finally

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I sent my Eaton out for a stage 6 port, I cant wait to get it back. I did a few other things to, new throttle body, electric cooling fans. I'm hoping for 60 rwhp gain, we'll see I suppose.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I still race what I sell and the only port we sell has went a 9.99 in the 1/4 mile on my own car with a race weight of 3,750lbs. Someone said a few years ago to "let the track do the talking" and it seems since then it has been speaking very clearly.

That port is at home at low boost or high boost as any port that has ever been sold.

Satyr

Established Member
Another for Brian's work. Very happy with how my car performs, and I have had both.

Users who are viewing this thread