**Stock gt goes 13.6**

agh1889

Established Member
This is a video of me my second time on the track with my gt the only mods i have are exhust, short throw shifter, and a chip. i am on street tires.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs4vaQyjnYw"]YouTube - Mustang shootout agh vs smg[/ame]

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
not bad at all. I went 13.93 @ 102 with just catbacks in mine. I need to bring it back on some 17's and see what it will do now.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
exhaust and chip only adds like 5-10hp at best. Id say it was a hell of a run!
Edit: Thought he had an S197....

Regardless.... it was a good run (not trying to take anything away from it) but it's not stock.. therefore very misleading...

Last edited:

agh1889

Established Member
Edit: Thought he had an S197....

Regardless.... it was a good run (not trying to take anything away from it) but it's not stock.. therefore very misleading...

its basically stock and exhust is almost standard on most cars and i only gain min hp its not like i said stock and then the mods list was a page long.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
no, the 40th anniversary GT convertible i drive around isn't called the "stock-ass GT" without reason. it's got an L510 subwoofer, a drop in K&N because the stock paper one was toast at 40K miles...and that's it...those are the only things making it not 100% factory...that's stock my friend lol

but i understand completely, there are guys around here that if it came on/in the car from the factory and you just upgraded it with something better but still the same part/idea, it's stock. so we have a "stock" 97 cobra running 11.1's here in town...ooooookkkkkk! LOL

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
its basically stock and exhust is almost standard on most cars and i only gain min hp its not like i said stock and then the mods list was a page long.

Sorry man it is not stock. Most cat backs don't add anything at all but combined with the tune you will have decent gains. My gt ran 14.1 100% stock and then I added a cat back and ran the same time and I bet that if I had a tune it would had been very close to what you ran. It is not how minimal hp you gain, it's where you gained it that counts. Mid range hp and torque make a big difference in acceleration. Stock, the 2v's are slow but once you get a couple of bolt ons and a good tune 12's are not far fetched. I can give you my personal story of how much I think that a tune help these cars but it will be too much to write. I'll give you props for being a good driver, that's for sure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread