Stock GT500 stripe part numbers

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Well, this morning I scratched the heck out of the rear bumper stripe on my '08 GT500. I know they used to sell these parts individually but can't seem to find the part numbers anymore. Does anyone know where I can find the part number for the rear bumper stripe in blue and who the best company to order these would be? I'm thinking Tasca because I don't want to have to order a complete kit for just the rear bumper stripes and am concerned that the aftermarket color won't be the exact same that's on there now.

TIA,
Jason

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
IIRC they have always been sold as a set from Ford, never in pieces, Steve would know that better.

2nd2none

Established Member
Unless they've changed it sometime over the past few years you can buy them in pieces. I've had to replace a piece on my back bumper twice. They're not cheap though. A small piece that was about 12" L shaped piece was about $125 from the dealer. I just went to a local dealer and they were able to pull up the part number

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I recall being able to buy separate pieces in the past as well. STKJOCK, do you know Steve's contact information or his user handle on the boards?

Jason

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Unless they've changed it sometime over the past few years you can buy them in pieces. I've had to replace a piece on my back bumper twice. They're not cheap though. A small piece that was about 12" L shaped piece was about $125 from the dealer. I just went to a local dealer and they were able to pull up the part number

hmm, my memory could certainly be off, I thought i recalled someone "ranting" that they could not buy a single section in the past.
I recall being able to buy separate pieces in the past as well. STKJOCK, do you know Steve's contact information or his user handle on the boards?

Jason

Jason /\ see link above

well seems as if I was incorrect - they are sold separately

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...&engine=5-4l-v8-gas&part_number=7r3z6320000cc

However, I see no rear bumper stripe listed

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
I had to replace both rear bumper pieces around the license plate, and it was not cheap. Be forewarned about installing those particular pieces - have a heat gun/blow dryer on hand to bend an cajole those pieces into place. They need a moderate amount of heat, a lot of maneuvering, and a lot of attention until they are cured. It was not an easy project.

Saleen-to-SVT

Established Member
I just recently priced them out! The dealer can pull the exact ones for your car. Mine are the oxford white. They do sell them piece by piece but like everyone is saying, they are expensive. None of the local decal/sign guys were able to match the color. If you haven't found them yet just go to the dealer and give them your Vin # and they can pull up anything on your car that you want....

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
You can buy them in pieces. I got a rock chip on my wing stripe and ghetto patched it with a little white out tape. It is really hard to notice. I will eventually buy the $100 replacement from Ford.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I just priced the 1 back bumper pieces, 1 hood stripe, and 1 front/top bumper piece. They are sold by the piece. I was told that dealer "cost" for these 3 pieces was $466.85.

I went to my dealer and picked up some color matched touch-up paint and it did a good job of hiding the scratch. I'm still going to replace them.

phinhead34

Established Member
I just replaced the stripes on my rear bumper and they are expensive! I never want to have to do that again $$$$$$.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Steve at Tasca was able to get me taken care of. The rear left bumper sticker was $110.00 with our discount, very expensive for a single sticker, but like most have said, the local decal companies had nothing that even came close to the vista blue stripe of the GT500. It's on order now, just waiting for them to get it in, so they can get it shipped out to me. Just sucked that this happened two days before the biggest Shelby meet in my area.

Jason

Zemedici

Established Member
As stated above, the stripes can be ordered separately, and will match exact to your current stripes, just be sure to have your vin number, as there's TONS of stripes available for any given model, both production installed and 'accessory'

Users who are viewing this thread