Stock H/E with 170* T-Stat

Hawwk11

Established Member
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in here somewhere already but i have searched for a couple days now. Anyways i have debated if i should get an Afco h/e or just stick with the factory h/e for now and simply just install Reische 170* thermostat.

It seems that some say that the stock h/e is underrated and that the Afco really isnt gonna help much. My car is an 04 cobra with 2.76 upper, intake and exhaust. I drove my car over the weekend which was 95 degrees here in southern California, i his some slow traffic for anout 45 minutes and thats when i noticed my temps rising higher than normal.

Thanks for any help.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I have an Afco and i am about to install my Reich t stat. I put the afco about a year and a half ago and found the reich for a great deal so ill throw it in as well

fr03cobra

Established Member
Did not know the h/e had a thermostat. Why not do a killer chiller?

I miss read the ? Lol

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
As others have said. Your HE system and your radiator/thermostat are different systems. Your radiator and thermostat are what regulate the engine temps. Your HE just cools the fluid moving through your intercooler. Separate systems.

Where in Socal are you?

Hawwk11

Established Member
As others have said. Your HE system and your radiator/thermostat are different systems. Your radiator and thermostat are what regulate the engine temps. Your HE just cools the fluid moving through your intercooler. Separate systems.

Where in Socal are you?

I copy that. I will start with the t-stat just to keep the temps in check but will do the h/e in the near future. I'm in Fontana.

Thanks bro

masterjr33

Established Member
a larger HE and resivor can double the capacity of the system and REALLY helps when you are abusing the car. or on really hot days.

Woody6799

Established Member
I run a 170* and an Afco DP, along with a 1 gallon tank. A killer chiller is just overkill for what I want out of my car. I tend to choose my mods with a typical goal in mind and not just what everyone else is getting. Killer chillers are great but do they fit with what you want out of the car?

Tractionless1

Established Member
I run a 170* and an Afco DP, along with a 1 gallon tank. A killer chiller is just overkill for what I want out of my car. I tend to choose my mods with a typical goal in mind and not just what everyone else is getting. Killer chillers are great but do they fit with what you want out of the car?

Who doesn't want lower IAT2's? No matter your level of mods. the lower the better in every aspect they affect, which includes engine longevity via cooler charge temps.

Users who are viewing this thread