Stock motor shot????

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
Im thinkin about throwing the 175 on the car but will the bottom end handle it. It will be tuned by a tuner who uses safe tunes. But What does everyone think? 175?if not im doin the 150 I just want to know if I can go bigger.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
dont do it. many guys have tried that already and blown their engines. for an everyday car 100 shot is pretty nice and reliable. If you need more power its gonna cost...

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
Eh I mean the car will be tuned sooo.....Im thinking the 150 on a safe tune is goin to be good. I thought the 175 was a bit much but I figured I'd ask ya know. So then tuned 150 shot....what #'s would you expect???? 380-390hp/410-420tq????? That would be my guess. Torque number might be a little low tho....

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
Really???? That much......So the car should be ok witht the 150 then huh? Do you think it would be ok to have the car tuned w/o a bottle heater? I mean the bottle gets cold as you spray it so I don't want it to loose pressure while its on there. Or would it be better to go ahead and get one?

mustanginky

Established Member
125 is the most i'd go on a stock long block. my friend matt put a 150 on his car and it lasted, but he only hit it with that a couple times. 125 seems to be the highest anyone really goes on a stock short block.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Really???? That much......So the car should be ok witht the 150 then huh? Do you think it would be ok to have the car tuned w/o a bottle heater? I mean the bottle gets cold as you spray it so I don't want it to loose pressure while its on there. Or would it be better to go ahead and get one?

yes the torque should be around there. Remember the shot sizes are different for some companies. Like an NX 100 shot makes 100rwhp but an NOS 100 shot might make 80rwhp. Always start out small on the shot size when you first get it going. That way there is a larger room for error if something isnt right. I had an NX plate setup running 100 shot on my stock motor and it was pretty stout. The way the car ran, I would have been VERY hesitant to drop the 150 pills in. I never did either. A bottle heater is essential to having a nitrous system. If your bottle is cold the car will run way rich and wont make power. Get one that has a thermostat on it so you dont have to worry about it getting too hot and leaning out the air/fuel. Also you would need a good fuel setup for 150 shot. Stock pump wont work.

Last edited:

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
I already have a svt focus pump. I had a msd window switch but I couldn't set it to one cylinder for it to work. ANd I know you don't "need" a bottle warmer but they are really nice to have. I used to just put it in the sink lol. I need those two things and i can get the car tuned. Summit has the window switch for $50 and Dynotune on ebay has the warmer for $50. Im not really worried about a thermostat with mine I think I can deal with haveing to watch t for a few runs.

I had the 100 shot on and it was nice for what it was but I want more lol. I think I'll try the 125 for a while and then i "might" bump it to the 150.

Last edited:

Swaie

Established Member
It all depends on the kit. Just remember nitrous needs fuel for power.

strictly6racing

Strictly6racing
Established Member
if you dont mind rebuilding a motor go for it. knowing how my car handled a 125 shot id say ur fine, but just make sure you add the correct amount of fuel!! i used a 125 wet shot in my six and didnt have any problems. (i also had a fresh motor in the garage so i didnt care)

spike_africa

Established Member
Every time someone tries to spray with a 175shot or bigger threw a fogger nozzle it almost always blows the intake manifold. Its just to much fuel and not good enough atomization to work. Only guys who are able to spray 175-200shots threw the manifold have used the NX plate kit. It seems to be the best for fuel atomization.

For a stock motor the highest I would go is a 150hit anyhow. With bolt on's and no headers you will see 380-400rwhp. With long tubes on the car 400-420rwhp is the normal numbers. I rock a 125shot from Compucar and I also toss the 150pills in it from time to time for fun. But 95% of the time I am on the 125 pills. My car runs very strong and has been on the bottle for over 4 years now.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Stock plastic intake wont take that for very long. Id say stick with a 125 hit, and get a bottle heater. A bottle operating at optimum pressure(950ish) will feel like another 25-50 as opposed to a bottle running at 600psi. Well worth the $150, I have a ZEX heater in my car that just plugs into the cigarette lighter, best thing ive ever bought! GL with whatever ya do man!

INJECTEDGT

Established Member
I can get a a bottle warmer for $50.....but Im pretty sure now imma go hit it with the 125....and I have hooker super comp lt's....so around 400 ish...im still not sure what i want to do with it yet.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
DOn't forget INj., MAF and plugs to be really safe.

Oh and +1 on NO 175. I wouldnt' even do 150.

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
post some vids of the 175 shot on here for us to see....lol

nahh but seriously just like everybody else said just go with the 125 and a GOOD tune and all should be okay.

cinderbricks

Established Member
nitrous and 4.6l = kaboooooooom!! everytime...i had 6 nitrous ford motors...150shot on a fully built and still kabooom. nitrous is so unpredictable..u never know the when the air/fuel is good or bad. lower end may handle it but i better spend lots of time and hundreds of dollars tuning when u could b saving that money and do it correct with a supercharger...i mean it does the same thing as nitrous..one is done chemically and one is done mechanically.

Users who are viewing this thread