Stock Panhard Bar filled with what?

acroholic

Established Member
So, after I had my Alcoas installed I needed to install an adjustable PH bar and I also installed a stronger PH bar brace. When I removed the stock PH bar and eventually picked it up to store it, the stock panhard bar has sand (or something similar) on the inside of it. If you hold it vertically, then switch ends, it sounds like sand in a tube. Why on earth is it filled up with something loose like that? What benefit is there to it?

Thanks.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
The bar is filled with shot, very similar to what you see used in shotgun shells. I am not clear on exactly what its benefits are, but I assume it has to do with weight transfer in corners and such.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I was wondering the same thing, just swapped out the stocker yesterday myself.

TORQJNKY

Harmonics.... The PHB is not a roll control device so the shot wouldn't provide any type of benefit in cornering. It's a hollow tube that bolts to the axle and body. The shot acts to reduce vibration and noise.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Harmonics.... The PHB is not a roll control device so the shot wouldn't provide any type of benefit in cornering. It's a hollow tube that bolts to the axle and body. The shot acts to reduce vibration and noise.

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner!

Users who are viewing this thread