Stock Pulleys RWHP Record??448.3 rwhp

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Dyno means nothing. Mine made 447.x with a stock pulley and I had the mph to back it up. Take it to the track and see what it does. The hp could be true so guys don't knock it till he runs it. Good luck op!

rudycobra

Established Member
I agree . Deff need track time or mph to back it up . Wat does a normal stock pulley car run ?? I'm pullied and ran 119 and 11.79 .

Jefe

Established Member
Any E85 stock pullied guys out there? I bet they are making 450-470rw

GodStang

Established Member
There is a guy on here that made 900rwhp on a bone stock 03 Cobra. Did the car really make that. No. The dyno messed up but he does have the dyno sheet. Also if you are only making 450rwhp you are way behind in power most of us are at least 600rwhp!! ahaha

Also how do you know the blower has not been ported? Have you taken the blower off.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Don't know about op but yes my blower has been off to check for that and to clean ic. If I had a ported stock pulley car it better make 460 or more. A properly tuned upper only will make damn near 500. Just cause you have 600 hp does not mean you can get it to the ground or that you can drive. Don't bench race. Facts are what are needed here. Op what timing are you running?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Is a 92 mph trap in the 1/8th pretty respectable for a stock pulley cobra?

Who cares lol.. You're a road racer now!! You're WINNING all the time!!! :beer: but on a serious note I have no clue lol.

MGC

Established Member
Who cares lol.. You're a road racer now!! You're WINNING all the time!!! :beer: but on a serious note I have no clue lol.

lol :beer:

Road racing is incredibly fun, but it's not as easy as drag racing to go to on a whim and drag racing is fairly cheap comparatively. Besides, my 2 brothers are really into the 1/8th mile and always goad me into attending, lol. I try to get them to road race but I think they're scared of being beat by little brother... :lol1:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ LOL I feel ya there.. I've been thinking of doing a couple 1/4 passes with my car when it's done with the road racing suspension.. It is cheap compared to open tracking that's for sure!! And yes they are scared, no one wants to lose to a younger sibling lol.

MGC

Established Member
What makes road racing so much more expensive then drag racing?

The normal stuff (tires, brakes and fuel) you just tend to go through them a lot faster when road racing.

Plus, 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile tracks are FAR more common and more likely to be closer to you, my local 1/8th mile track is about 20 minutes from me, closest road race course is a little over 3 hours away.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
What makes road racing so much more expensive then drag racing?
10-13 seconds of racing vs 2+ minutes of racing at a time

Tire wear, brakes fade, fluid boils, etc. None of which happen in drag racing unless you made more than 10 passes in a night

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Ok, I'll buy all that for a dollar haha. But if your a very serious drag racer like every weekend then it's going to be pretty close because you still have to travel and all that jazz. Anyway back on topic!!!

mustang john

Established Member
Dyno means nothing. Mine made 447.x with a stock pulley and I had the mph to back it up. Take it to the track and see what it does. The hp could be true so guys don't knock it till he runs it. Good luck op!

Sooo what was your MPH that backed up your 447rwhp stock pulley dyno??

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Now we're keeping track of dyno records? Really? I can take your car and throw it on a Mustang dyno and make it show that you made 600hp. Go set an ET record and report back.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^

but hey congrats on the new tune and the new parts

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Or you type three numbers in a row, instead of me sifting thru god knows how much crap.

Or not. If it matters to you then you can find out on your own. I know how op feels. I took pics of the upper, lower and pulled the blower off because people did not believe. Most guys think it won't happen because there pulley car only made 440-460. So they feel that a stock pulley car would never make 440+
A real tune on a stock pulley car should make that power no questions asked. A canned tune is hit or miss. Mine was canned so I got lucky that it was on. Now I am 2.76 unported and my car was out of maf and is completely out of fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread