Stock Pulleys RWHP Record??448.3 rwhp

03VNM

Established Member
So I decided to take my stock O3 Cobra into AED Performance for just an X-pipe and decided to get a custom dyno tune... Turns out my car may be a factory freak producing 448.3 rearwheel HP with just a K&N intake, magnaflow catted X and Bassani Cat-back exhaust. Anyone out there heard of anyone producing more HP on a stock pulley set up with just intake/exhaust/tune??
Kudos to Shawn and Drew at AED... YOU GUYS ROCK!!!:beer: Anyone in Nor-Cal looking for a great shop with knowledgeable staff need to check them out.
I'll upload my dyno sheet on Monday.

matt87

Established Member
add a 2.93 pulley and go to a different dyno and you'll probally be at the same hp. i dont buy it.

pwrshft99

Established Member
This is SVTP.. your not gonna get credit without a dyno sheet.

What type of dyno? What about conditions??

Just preparing you.... dont mind me I jealous of all you Terminator owners!!!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Now we're keeping track of dyno records? Really? I can take your car and throw it on a Mustang dyno and make it show that you made 600hp. Go set an ET record and report back.

greengt88

Established Member
my stock upper car, with Steeda CAI and 2.25" flowmasters welded into stock pipes made 425rwhp with no other mods. i then added bassani catted x, and catback, 2.8upper and SCT X3 tuner and made 445. so that sounds about right, mine was the highest horse car Steeda has ever seen. i guess u made 3hp more than me. i just added ported stock TB/Plenum, SCT MAF, and 60lbers and made 480, then i removed the cats, havent checked it again yet but it def. feels like i gained more. thinkin its at about 490 now.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

This is SVTP.. your not gonna get credit without a dyno sheet.

What type of dyno? What about conditions??

Just preparing you.... dont mind me I jealous of all you Terminator owners!!!

Wrong, anyone here that knows anything will say to show me a legit time slip. IMO, dyno sheets are nothing but a gauge to see what you are making between mods, types of tunes or to compare to your times at the track to see if it is legit or not.

Now we're keeping track of dyno records? Really? I can take your car and throw it on a Mustang dyno and make it show that you made 600hp. Go set an ET record and report back.

bingo.

OP, good for you and hopefully it really is a freak. I don't know if it is a record and don't bother keeping track of that stuff. The track tells the true story. Some don't bother going to the track because it isn't their thing and they don't want to beat on the car, thats their decision, but then imo, it is nothing but a dyno queen. dyno settings can be changed to read higher or lower.

mustang john

Established Member
I have seen several guys in the last few months posting up high dyno numbers on Eaton Cobras and they all seem to be coming from AED. Great tuner or generous dyno?

Stock pully, CB and a CAI mine made 405 rwhp 375rwtq way back in 04'.

Time to hit the track and see happens, the track is the only truth!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well AED's dyno has always put down usually low numbers atleast when I had my car tuned there.. BUT I know that these aren't SAE corrected numbers. They usually don't show the SAE numbers they are usually STD numbers. But again this isn't a loaded dyno so I don't think that you can change a whole lot on it except weather factors and such maybe?? I will say that Shaun is the best tuner that I've ever seen and no one else will tune my car.

03VNM

Established Member
Yes, this was on a 91 octane tune @ 76 degrees. Shaun said it was one of the highest stock pulley numbers he has seen. We were expecting 420 at best... on the third pull it made the 448.3 hp... I will post the dyno sheet later today.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Yes, this was on a 91 octane tune @ 76 degrees. Shaun said it was one of the highest stock pulley numbers he has seen. We were expecting 420 at best... on the third pull it made the 448.3 hp... I will post the dyno sheet later today.

Dyno sheets are irrelevant. Unless there is some work done to the top end of the motor, those numbers aren't happening...and probably not even then. I don't mean to be a d1ck, but that's the reality of it. Dynos are a tuning tool. Hit the track for a real estimate of power. Don't be surprised when you're running mid 12's still.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol...

Dyno numbers arent a standard, every dyno reads different and there are many things that can influence their outcome, furthermore they can be manipulated to read whatever.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only way you would have a record on anything would be against other cars on that same dyno ON THAT SAME DAY.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol...

Dyno numbers arent a standard, every dyno reads different and there are many things that can influence their outcome, furthermore they can be manipulated to read whatever.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only way you would have a record on anything would be against other cars on that same dyno ON THAT SAME DAY.

Better still, against other equal Terminators (mods wise) at the same track on the same day. As others have already said, a dyno is a tuning tool. And a good one at that. The track will show what the car is really putting to the ground.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Throw some slicks on it, do a 1/4 mile pass,check your trap speed for an indication of true power.. My guess it will be within the normal range of EVERY other 03 Cobra with similar Mods!

cobracide

Established Member
Throw some slicks on it, do a 1/4 mile pass,check your trap speed for an indication of true power.. My guess it will be within the normal range of EVERY other 03 Cobra with similar Mods!

This.. Somehow these "freak" numbers hardly ever get validated with a 1/4 MPH run.

Users who are viewing this thread