Stock t.b. and whipple

mach1033

Established Member
I hit 638rwhp and 642rwtq with 21lbs of boost on pump 93 and torco. I had Mac LT's, catted x pipe and magnapack catback. My maf was an SCT BA-3000, JLT high boost RAI with 9 inch filter. My fuel was Fore hat with GT pumps, 2 FPDM's, aeromotive filter, 60lb injectors and Fore rails. 3.0 upper and 4lb lower with Afco HE and Lethal's IC reservoir.

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
I made 588/575 with mine on my 03. 93 octane, 2.75 pulley, JLT ram air, sct ba2600, bassani catted x, flow master cat back, KB BAP & IC reservoir. My belt was slipping though because the pulley on the blower was so small. I wouldn't recommend a 2.75. Lol I'd go with a 3.0 upper & 4 lb lower

cbr repsol

Established Member
I bought mach1033s whipple on 91 ..3 inch upper 16 pounds due to stock tb restriction(pullied for 17) it made 552rwhp 541 rwtq 17 deg timing

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
if you are throwing big money into an aftermarket TS ... why would you not consider spending $250-$300 for a used sbtb?? :??:

you are just holding back the whipples potential

03 silver cobra

Established Member
if you are throwing big money into an aftermarket TS ... why would you not consider spending $250-$300 for a used sbtb?? :??:

you are just holding back the whipples potential

Just curious incase I ran across a whipple with the stock style inlet

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Just curious incase I ran across a whipple with the stock style inlet

Buy one and then just have posi mod the inlet for you to accept a dragon tb....u eliminate the iac port on either style inlet anyways when porting to accept a dragon...also the best tb I've ever used hands down.

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
Power and mods in sign and still on stock TB. With all the issues with the SBTB and hanging idle ect just never switched. Sure there is some power left on the table but not sure its worth the hassel.

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Power and mods in sign and still on stock TB. With all the issues with the SBTB and hanging idle ect just never switched. Sure there is some power left on the table but not sure its worth the hassel.

this is what i'd be worried about, i've had the sbtb and im running a ported stocker by me and it just drives a lot better with no issues

KB01GT

Whipple blown
Established Member
I know ive heard alot about the hanging idle and its not something i really want to mess with. I am aware of all the advantages of a sbtb like throttle response and of course more power. Watch at 1:30 i have no idle issues at all and the driveability is awsome with the stocker, Not saying that its the way to go just has always seemed to work just fine on my cars.

http://youtu.be/KpbeErkWXGw

Last edited:

03 silver cobra

Established Member
I know ive heard alot about the hanging idle and its not something i really want to mess with. I am aware of all the advantages of a sbtb like throttle response and of course more power. Watch at 1:30 i have no idle issues at all and the driveability is awsome with the stocker, Not saying that its the way to go just has always seemed to work just fine on my cars.

03 Cobra walk around- Whipple @20lbs w/ comp cams - YouTube

Oh, I totally agree drive ability is my main concern at the moment, but power can be made with the stocker it seems:burnout:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Back in the day my 2.3 with 3.5 upper and 4lb lower was making 625++ at the wheel with the stocker.

Users who are viewing this thread