• 10th Anniversary Wheels

Votes: 91 20.3%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 35 7.8%

• Total voters

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Just did mine in black. I love it, and the $20 cost too. :)

RimsBlack1.jpg

RimsBlack2.jpg

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I went to chromies on my DSG...... I was skeptical before I did it.... But not anymore!!!!! I love the look!

CyberDaveA

Established Member
you see chrome everywhere... the anniversary wheels complement the car better... and they will make your car stand out more from the herd.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I have set of chromies and stock tires off my Mysti if you're interested. PM me for details.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
WHoooa... is that camera from the 70's or something?!?

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing. A cool effect however. :beer:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
WHoooa... is that camera from the 70's or something?!?

Polaroid. :) Usually takes better pics, but the sun wreaks havoc with the exposure.

rwhp

Established Member
mill finish wheels blow!i have a new set in storage with new rubber im trying to trade for chome.i have 18" saleens on there now!sweeeeeet

speedtigger

Established Member
i want chrome 40th anniversary wheels.
has anybody seen this done.
it would probably cost a fortune to have them chromed. anybody had wheels chromed???

Bobrammer

Established Member
Man what a hostile group! I'm not normally a chrome wheel fan, but ease of upkeep and quality chrome on the stockers has changed my mind. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. LOL Y'all have a great weekend:p

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Originally posted by 2814v
Always loved the chrome R's, did not like the stock wheels at first but they are growing on me.

Ditto.

I went from loving the 00R to the FR500 Chrome and now the AFS Stock Replica Chromies. I am looking for the 10.5" rim as well, so that helps my decision.

David

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
I love the chrome look (voted chrome), but I used to have a set of chrome wheels on a car that had to sit out in the weather. I waxed those things to no end, but they still got pitted, and eventually started to chip and rust. Is this a thing of the past? Will stock chromies hold up in the weather?

cobra101

Established Member
I like the stock 03 wheel. I even like the stock satin/polished wheels over the 03 chrome wheel. It reminds me of the hotwheels wheel. The black and silver in that pattern to me looks like the classic hotwheel wheels. Do they makean aftermarket set of rears just like my stock satin wheel but in a 17 or 18X10.5 ? AFS? How about a 15 or 16 inch wheel that looks like the stock rims? I tried to find them once but did not have any luck. I will check again. Is there a package deal around for skinnies and fatties (all four rims and tires) for our car?

Last edited:

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
To answer part of your question, discounttiredirect makes the stock wheel in both chrome and satin in 18x9 and 18x10.5. Don't think you'll find 15 or 16 inch stock rims though. They offer different tire/wheel packages depending on your needs, and would probably work with you as far as discounts. I sometimes wish I had gotten the 18x10.5 instead of the 17x10.5, but I was looking to solve my traction/wheel hop problems, and the 17x10.5's with Nitto 315 DR's did the trick. With the 18's you are defeating the purpose even though they may look better.

Users who are viewing this thread