Stomach FAT!....

Status
Not open for further replies.

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Work out people. I have been exercising trying to get in shape and I still have stomach fat! Do I need to go on a special diet or something to get rid of it. I have been trying to swim all that I can. What else should I do to get the ripped abs that I want? Any suppliments good? :shrug:

Peel Away

Established Member
Diet is really the only "average person" way. I put average person because there are always those genetic freaks who can do it by eating 5k calories a day and do some situps now and then to get those ripped abs.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
LOL I was JUST looking this stuff up as I want to get rid of the love handles myself. The thing I found is that it is impossible to "spot reduce" on certain parts of the body. Do just want they said above. Change your diet, no fatty, sugary foods, avoid fried foods, and drink TONS of water. Best of luck, lol, it is discouraging to know that there isnt ONE miracle workout for the abs, but just stick with it. RUN!

charged98cobra said:
Work out people. I have been exercising trying to get in shape and I still have stomach fat! Do I need to go on a special diet or something to get rid of it. I have been trying to swim all that I can. What else should I do to get the ripped abs that I want? Any suppliments good? :shrug:

Intense cardio about 2 days a week like running or walking at an incline. Weight training is an absolute must. And at least trying to be strict on your diet 4-5 days per week.

If you want excellent nutritional advice read this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446300152/002-7876640-9172851?v=glance&n=283155

You'll never struggle with keeping your wait off because there is a designed way our bodies need to feed. Its called food combining and people have been doing this properly for well over 5000 years. Forget all those bodybuilder magazines diets, the Zone and Atkins diets. They are garbage diets and no one can enjoy eating if they eat that way. A diet is not something you can only do for a little while. Its something that you should be able to live witht he reast of your life. You can't mix any type of food because of acids and alkalines that are secreted in your stomach. You mix the wrong foods and you create a toxic mix in your stomach. Acid Reflux is so easily cured. Its a nother bullshit disorder that people are suffering from because they are mixing starchy carbs with proteins and creating a chemical Chernobyl in there stomachs.

read the book and I'll be glad to discuss it further. But nutrition is not something that you can cover in 5 minutes. This book will take all the guesswork out of it and you don't need to buy special foods marketing by these 'diet gurus', etc.

By the way. Losing fat, not weight, can not be established simply by diet. If you aren't prepared to weight train, modify your diet and do cardio then forget the entire program. You need all 3 to get the kind of body that you are satisfied with. You don't have to weight train with the goal of being a muscle head if those aren't your goals. But increasing lean muscle is very important. As well as 2, no more than 3 days per week of cardio. Often, too many people want the results without the hardwork and think that you can simply 'get on a diet' and your body transforms overnight. Doesn't work that way. And you shouldn't be obsessed with how much weight you are losing on a weight scale. You should be concerned about body fat/muscle composition. So if you aren't will to incorporate all 3 areas of wellness into your life, don't expect results. Exercise works for everyone. Its unanimous.

Squabbin

Established Member
You can do all the crunches, situps, and leg raises you want and your never going to have a six pack or flat abs until you get your diet in check. Set yourself up with a low carb/low fat diet with lots of protein. Also set up a carb cutoff time, i'de reccomend about 7pm depending upon what time you usually go to sleep. (Stick to those basics, that means ZERO CARBS AFTER 7pm!!)

DSG2003

Established Member
I agree with the water statement. I gave up soda and beer for 2 months and lost 3 inches on my waist.

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
I agree with what these guys are saying. Remember, it takes time, don't give up after a couple of weeks if you don't see any results. You just haveto keep pluggin away at it, good luck.

You can have some carbs after 7pm. Nothing above 80g I would say, but you don't have to starve yourself. You need to feed your body when you are working out. If you want to use more advanced cutting techniques you can 'carb-deplete'. With this technique, you don't top 100g of carbs for 3 consecutive days. You can do this every 3 weeks. Its tough for those 3 days, considering you're practically only eating chicken, turkey, tuna, tofu, etc. with salads. But its a good cuting technique to shed some fat. More importantly you shock your metabolism, since you can't just eat the same thing, at the same time everyday without your metabolism getting used to that. It doesn't sound like you want to be shredded, so techniques like this can help you drop some fat. But do the reading, you won't regret it. And don't listen toall the dimwhits out there who say you can't have fresh fruits in the morning or any time for that matter to get cut. Fresh produce, is always the way to go. I limit protein drink intake (like Met-Rx) to no more than 1x per day, if even. Real food is always better than all this synthetic crap out there.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
there is a great book called "Eating For Life". the first few chapters give an explaniation of how the body processes, stores and uses different foods, fats proteins ect. the last 75% of the book is a cook book that lists exactly what you need to make these meals and also what portions you should eat. the food is amazing and simple to make. there are breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert receipes. i was 265 and worked out all the time but couldnt get rid of my body fat. been on the book for about two years do the same workout routine and im 217 now. diet is the biggest key to losing fat. good luck!

Last edited:
Bill Phillips!!!!! I remember him when I used to purchase a lot of products from a supplement company he used to own: EAS. That company's product line went to shit after he sold it.

opticshadow123

Go Gators
Established Member
Peel Away said:
Diet is really the only "average person" way. I put average person because there are always those genetic freaks who can do it by eating 5k calories a day and do some situps now and then to get those ripped abs.

Genetic freak checking in

You're never going to keep your water weight down unless you maintain very low sodium on a daily basis, but even more importantly, keep your body's PH from tilting toward the acid side. You can strip water for a few days with good water pills, but people don't retain as much water on their body as they think. Sedentary people can expect to be hovering near the 20% body fat threshold. Even the skinny fat people can be hovering in that area.

MonkeysL

Established Member
doing crunches/situps isn't really going to get the fat away, it just builds up the muscle under that fat. you need to do TONS of cardio, maybe some hydroxicut (sp?) or another supplement like that. watch your sugar and carbohydrate intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread